We've seen this thread here already more than once,High Risk Insurance Brokers Please | GTAMotorcycle.com

We've seen this thread here already more than once,High Risk Insurance Brokers Please

eoszlak

Hey guys, I need a broker or a company to write me a policy, or at least get some quotes. I know facility is likely my only option. I've been riding my entire life and have been licensed since 07, m2 since 07, full g since 09.

I'm 25. My m2 did expired and I just got it back earlier this month. I've got tickets, cancelations, accidents, pretty well everything or anything that isnt good.

I insured a 79 cx500 and an 02 jetta tdi last, however its been several years since I've had a policy. I've since driven and ridden a small variety of other vehicles accumalting offences and would like to start getting my self back in line and just want to put a scooter or a small cc bike on the road, anything I can afford.

I'm well aware that I'm basically uninsurable. I've already called td/primmum, john duffy's, statefarm, and ridersplus and they've said no based on having more than 2 tickets alone/a major conviction, and/or an at fault collision. I'm looking for any suggestions beyond not riding/driving as I've heard that already more than once believe it or not.

My cx policy was cancelled for non payment after a collision in which they wrote the bike off even though it was more than rideable.

Maybe some brokers who'd insure me living downtown toronto, obviously they don't need to be in the city just willing/able to help out with my location.

Last edited:
Have you asked any of the folks you've called to give you a facility quote?
Tried Cornerstone Brokers?

Have you asked any of the folks you've called to give you a facility quote?
Tried Cornerstone Brokers?
No I haven't, I've asked them for suggestions and most of them haven't had any beyond looking for brokers and saying they can't help. I will try Cornerstone Brokers, should I try to speak to Carlos?

You had collision on a 79 cx500?
:mad: fml*facepalm* yes. Older gentleman, cut me off, made a left in front of me, Could not stop in time, swerved and put it down to avoid actually hitting the guy in his car. Better judgement on both parties parts and better rubber on my part would have prevented it for sure.

UPDATE, spoke online to an agent with corner stone, no actual quote yet, called broker link, they said they'd get back to me with a facility quote....

Last edited:
:mad: fml*facepalm* yes. Older gentleman, cut me off, made a left in front of me, Could not stop in time, swerved and put it down to avoid actually hitting the guy in his car. Better judgement on both parties parts and better rubber on my part would have prevented it for sure.

UPDATE, spoke online to an agent with corner stone, no actual quote yet, called broker link, they said they'd get back to me with a facility quote....

not trying to be a smart *** but dude with your history take the better way. jesus ****

UPDATE, spoke online to an agent with corner stone, no actual quote yet

Don’t know who you spoke with, he/she will definitely get back to you with a quote. Based on what you’ve disclosed for a record, facility will be the only option, give the broker 24h to get back you, facility quotes are all done manually and it takes time, while doing facility quotes we also have to take any other calls that might come through.

Hi Carlos, I've messaged you as well as another agent who contacted me through our forum here. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank You.
Don’t know who you spoke with, he/she will definitely get back to you with a quote. Based on what you’ve disclosed for a record, facility will be the only option, give the broker 24h to get back you, facility quotes are all done manually and it takes time, while doing facility quotes we also have to take any other calls that might come through.

lucky2; please respect my request
I'm looking for any suggestions beyond not riding/driving as I've heard that already more than once believe it or not.
and respect our forum and keep this thread on topic. I appreciate all input that is actual input, and assistance. This may be your only way to respond, and the only assistance you can provide. If so; you've said more than enough already. However if you can actually do anything or know anyone who can please feel free to message me that. I'll leave it at that. Thank You
not trying to be a smart *** but dude with your history take the better way. jesus ****

I've been able to get a somewhat reasonable quote from BrokerLink, I'm waiting to hear back from Cornerstone and Ideal Solutions Insurance Brokers.

I thought facility quotes were identical no matter which broker issued them (assuming they all entered the same information)?

I thought facility quotes were identical no matter which broker issued them (assuming they all entered the same information)?
So far I've gotten two different facility quotes from two different brokers. One is literally just over double what the other one is. I provided both with all of my information including my license number so they had access to my entire record accurately in front of them.

So far I've gotten two different facility quotes from two different brokers. One is literally just over double what the other one is. I provided both with all of my information including my license number so they had access to my entire record accurately in front of them.

Interesting, thanks for the update.

Before signing anything or paying for anything, go over the information tooth and nail. The simplest omission or incorrect info makes it all useless.

Usually if the quote is too good to be true, it is. Good luck.

I will be reviewing anything I sign very thoroughly making sure all the information is correct, I'm not subject to get screwed in anyway, and that I'm not paying any additional broker fees that I don't need to that they just want but isn't part of the policy. The quotes are somewhat shocking though in a variety of ways.

I've asked the broker who quoted me the lesser amount of the two to review and contact the company directly to make sure that everything is kosher. I'm waiting to hear back.

I've also asked a third additional representative to provide a facility quote to see if they come up with the same number as either of the two of I've already gotten.

The situation will possibly have changed as well as I could be putting a bike I already own on the road instead of buying another used newer scooter. I was under the impression that going with as low a cc bike/scooter as possible would get me the best rate. However I've found that the age of the bike is playing a fairly significant factor.
Before signing anything or paying for anything, go over the information tooth and nail. The simplest omission or incorrect info makes it all useless.

Usually if the quote is too good to be true, it is. Good luck.

The crazy thing is every single quote of gotten through this recent process has been significantly less than I was paying 3 years ago before I turned 25. Either way though I can't pay anywhere near what I was or the higher of the two quotes. So either the lesser quote is legit or I'm S.O.L
Yeah, I'd assume the high one is the correct one lol

Facility quotes should be the same no matter who is quoting you.
Every Broker uses the same one calculation that is provided by facility Insurance.
I can honestly say doing a facility quote is a painful process, they have these weird calculations and surcharges for each different conviction that you may have, if someone misses or adds a surcharge you’re premium will be to high or to low.

If you’re saying you got two complete different quotes from two different Brokers, obviously someone messed up somewhere.

Facility quotes should be the same no matter who is quoting you.
Every Broker uses the same one calculation that is provided by facility Insurance.
I can honestly say doing a facility quote is a painful process, they have these weird calculations and surcharges for each different conviction that you may have, if someone misses or adds a surcharge you’re premium will be to high or to low.

If you’re saying you got two complete different quotes from two different Brokers, obviously someone messed up somewhere.
That's all been brought to my attention by several people now. I've asked both brokers to look over everything and to call the company they were writing the quote for to personally confirm the amount they came up with. I've messaged you Carlos.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;GKNX6dieVcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKNX6dieVcc[/video]

Not going to lie, I got a good chuckle out of this, as much as I was somewhat frustrated with it initially when you posted it Dresden.

That aside- as it would be the agent that gave me the higher of the two quotes insisted her work was correct, and told me to go with the lesser quote and that if it's incorrect it'll be adjusted.

With in a few days of the last posts I got my policy, paid for it in full and have my temp slip and I'll be back on the road in a few days. Looking forward to getting the entire policy in the mail and my normal actual slips. If the rate gets stupid I'll have to cancel and everything that I have gone through will be a waste. I can't and shouldn't pay any more than I already have. It's not justifiable, logical or reasonable. So my fingers are crossed.

The agent I got the policy with did triple check her work and spoke to a rep with the company she was underwriting for before we went ahead.

Oh and BTW Dresden on an unrelated hypocritical side note, nice CX, think you might need a carb kit though, lots you could do for her, but a carb kit will make you miss your gsxr a bit less probably. ;)

Thank You to all who contributed constructively throughout this thread, and helped out however they could. I do appreciate it. Any one who is in a similar situation feel free to pm me or post here and I'd be happy to share more details of the path that this led me on.

When I have the entire policy in hand adjusted/unadjusted I'll update the thread as well.

I have my actual slips in hand now, with a basic copy of my policy, it's not a detailed outline of the policy with all the sections, but it outlines my coverage, premium, surcharge etc. No adjustments. Been riding for a week or so on a temp slip, been insured for almost a month. I find it amazing that my insurance policy came before my license did. I'm going to request a copy of the entire policy.

Back
Top Bottom