gas price | GTAMotorcycle.com

gas price

Still cannot justify such a high price a while back over $100 a barrel pump price $1.30-1.40 now barrel $60 so pump price should be around mid $.70's

Still cannot justify such a high price a while back over $100 a barrel pump price $1.30-1.40 now barrel $60 so pump price should be around mid $.70's

You are right but gas prices always drop slowly and rise quickly.

Oil has us by the nads

I say go nads!

Yup, we're still getting hosed, even with the current 'low' prices.

Last time barrel of oil was this cheap, gas was 17-18 cents a liter cheaper than todays prices.

Scam.....

Last time barrel of oil was this cheap, gas was 17-18 cents a liter cheaper than todays prices.

Scam.....

Ya that's odd, I too would have expected all costs associated with oil and gasoline refinement and distribution remain exactly the same as when oil by the barrel was last that cheap.

once the China Russia oil pipeline deal is broken, watch the prices go up. These prices are to **** Saudi and Russia. Politics baby!!

Ya that's odd, I too would have expected all costs associated with oil and gasoline refinement and distribution remain exactly the same as when oil by the barrel was last that cheap.

Um, Dan McTeague, the guy who studies this stuff says their costs only rose about 1.5 cents a liter "for the costs associated with oil and gasoline refinement and distribution" since the last time oil prices were this low.....

Scam.....

Last time oil was this cheap we didn't have the HST, so we only had GST on fuel... now we have an extra 8% charged on top of all the other taxes (taxes on taxes). Thanks Liberals.

Gotta give you the

giphy.gif

Don't have to go too far back...months not years when the barrel price was $100-$110 and pump price was $1.35. One can apply same formula barrel $55 x1.35 price should be $.74. Take it easy on me rebbsy you are still my fav :D

Last edited:
You are right but gas prices always drop slowly and rise quickly.

Oil has us by the nads
I think they're just exploiting a 'loophole' in human nature, which is that we react very strongly even to small changes.

So, if crude rises a lot there's no point in raising the price at the pumps slowly, we'll be just as upset as with a steep increase.

And if crude drops a lot, there's no point in dropping the price of gas as much because we'll be just as happy with a small drop. But eventually the price will drop to where it was before at $60/barrel because we will keep looking for the slightly lower price.

Gotta give you the

giphy.gif

Don't have to go too far back...months not years when the barrel price was $100-$110 and pump price was $1.35. One can apply same formula barrel $55 x1.35 price should be $.74. Take it easy on me rebbsy you are still my fav :D

It should be pretty obvious by now that I don't know what I'm talking about. Does that make you a bully? Not sure. I'll let it slide this time but I'll be watching you:p

The price of diesel < which is what all the trucks delivering gas burn hasn't dropped much. The tanker frieghters burn fuel, the minimum wage to all the staff at the stations has increased, and yes we have additional taxes.
Now that Alberta isn't sending wheelbarrows of cash to Ottawa and the reduction in cost at the pumps means less proportionate taxes for the Ont liberals to pee up a wall we should see some whinning and infrastructure waffling since they will be short on cash, correction, shorter on cash.

so...is it almost time for a good ol' fashioned gasoline fight?

Some day every province will receive transfer payments.

The price of diesel < which is what all the trucks delivering gas burn hasn't dropped much. The tanker frieghters burn fuel, the minimum wage to all the staff at the stations has increased, and yes we have additional taxes.
Now that Alberta isn't sending wheelbarrows of cash to Ottawa and the reduction in cost at the pumps means less proportionate taxes for the Ont liberals to pee up a wall we should see some whinning and infrastructure waffling since they will be short on cash, correction, shorter on cash.

I'm kind of hoping for a rebound, I'm a bit tied to the energy sector and I sure didn't see the plummet coming.

Back
Top Bottom