Sydney Australia Hostage Situation | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sydney Australia Hostage Situation

And all you arm chair commentators, you need to understand down there, "gun culture" is much much more different than here in Nth America.

Other point is, the place is a cafe, most likey older people with kids and family. No 20 something wanna-be heroes..

Mr. Vickers was 20 something?

Lots of conflicting reports.

Some say police have stormed and killed the perp and 1 hostage.

Some say it's still going on.

Hope they get the bugger(s) and that all of the civilians are safe.

Mr. Vickers was 20 something?

So youre the kind of guy that likes to troll eh? Mr Vickers was packing a gun due to his job. This being the romper room, can I tell you to go **** yourself?

Lots of conflicting reports.

Some say police have stormed and killed the perp and 1 hostage.

Some say it's still going on.

Hope they get the bugger(s) and that all of the civilians are safe.

1 civilian dead.
1 hostage dead.

So youre the kind of guy that likes to troll eh? Mr Vickers was packing a gun due to his job. This being the romper room, can I tell you to go **** yourself?

Okey dokey then.

Vickers is an older fellah, probably has a family, and as such despite those things he was a hero.

Seems to me he was saying that the café was filled with "older people with kids". So older people with kids can't be hero's? Only 20 something's or "arm chair" QB's?

I was saying people downunder are not used to dealing with guns and shootings as much as people in USA and Canada in everyday news. No everyone is a hero. Yes, guns are more common in Australia than NZ, in fact NZ police dont carry guns.

Oh, and when the eaton centre was shot up what happened there?

Okey dokey then.

Vickers is an older fellah, probably has a family, and as such despite those things he was a hero.

I never said otherwise.

Seems to me he was saying that the café was filled with "older people with kids". So older people with kids can't be hero's? Only 20 something's or "arm chair" QB's?

I shouldn't, but I will.

If Mr. Vicker's children were sipping hot chocolate next to him, I choose to believe he would have been less inclined to start a gun fight in the room.

Anyway, back on track, Sad news in Sydney. Going to listen to the Police News Brief now.

I would be very afraid of 20+ people with guns (and minimal training) being in a situation where they feared for their lives. The odds of a lone gunman shooting me are low, with a lot of guns in the room, if one goes off, the rest will probably start blasting and the crossfire will be horrendous. Hopefully, the idea of guns in the building deters the original action, but once it starts, IMHO more guns are definitely worse.

It's the responsibility of every gun owner to know his equipment and train to a bare minimum proficiency. It's not that hard. I'll take an average gun owner over your average cop any day of the week. They train more with their firearms.

I shouldn't, but I will.

If Mr. Vicker's children were sipping hot chocolate next to him, I choose to believe he would have been less inclined to start a gun fight in the room.

Or maybe he'd want to protect said child and wax the dirt bag.

Not everyone has faith that it will all work out in the end or that the popo can solve everything.

Situations like this always bring out the closet Rambos.

Question, what sort of gun did this guy have, and how did he get it in spite of Australia's tough gun laws?

Question, what sort of gun did this guy have, and how did he get it in spite of Australia's tough gun laws?
Good question. I can't wait for jc100's response. Plus they don't have a gun culture so things must be nice & rosey, right?

So it stands to reason that if an island nation with tough gun control can't stop illegal guns from falling in the wrong hands, how would gun control in Canada work as we share a land border with one of the most armed counties in the world?

Back
Top Bottom