Sydney Australia Hostage Situation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sydney Australia Hostage Situation

Yep, they warned us they would be attacking us on our soil

I'm curious to know if it is ISIS or another lone crazy gunman like the guy in Ottowa.

I'm curious to know if it is ISIS or another lone crazy gunman like the guy in Ottowa.
2 PM sydney time (hour ago). They have a media updated planned for in another 15 mins, I'll tell you guys how it's unfolding. It's not as bad in the cbd as it's being reported. They did evacuate the tower but that's about it.

'We have not yet confirmed this is a terrorism-related event': Scipione (NSW Police Commissioner )

Mr Scipione said the siege does not appear to be linked to terrorism arrests this morning.

He said police were treating the siege as a hostage situation at the moment, but were prepared to escalate their response if needed.

"We have not yet confirmed this is a terrorism-related event," he said.

Wow, I've been in that exact area. Martin place is like one of those streets that's closed of to cars and only open to pedestrians if I remember correctly. Macquarie Bank main office is right there.......who's one of the company I work for's clients. I lived about 10 minute walk from there for 2 months (Bathurst and George Street area). That's ****ed up.

Does it matter anymore? They're the same to me. Kill'em all.

Went to sleep at 1am expecting the to be resolved but it's entering its 14th hour of hostage negotiations.

Updates:

He's a lone gunman, an extremist nutbag, iranian refugee, 49 years old and well know to police.

This would not have happened in a jurisdiction that respects the basic human right to self-defence, unless it was in a "gun-free zone".

This would not have happened in a jurisdiction that respects the basic human right to self-defence, unless it was in a "gun-free zone".

I was thinking the same thing. Wonder how this would have unfolded in Texas, or any of the other 37 "right to carry" states ?

I was thinking the same thing. Wonder how this would have unfolded in Texas, or any of the other 37 "right to carry" states ?

Gun-free zones are a big caveat as the Texans found out recently. Also many "right to carry" states have lots of legal hurdles to jump if you wanna get your permit.

All over! Well ish....

SWAT Police stormed the cafe, lots of gunfire, stun grenades and the police come out like job well done.

Bomb robot/police in there now.

All over! Well ish....

SWAT Police stormed the cafe, lots of gunfire, stun grenades and the police come out like job well done.

Bomb robot/police in there now.
Yeh look like if it was Call of Duty, lolz
COD might build a map with a similar story

I would be very afraid of 20+ people with guns (and minimal training) being in a situation where they feared for their lives. The odds of a lone gunman shooting me are low, with a lot of guns in the room, if one goes off, the rest will probably start blasting and the crossfire will be horrendous. Hopefully, the idea of guns in the building deters the original action, but once it starts, IMHO more guns are definitely worse.

How does one old guy hold 40 people hostage???

I would be very afraid of 20+ people with guns (and minimal training) being in a situation where they feared for their lives. The odds of a lone gunman shooting me are low, with a lot of guns in the room, if one goes off, the rest will probably start blasting and the crossfire will be horrendous. Hopefully, the idea of guns in the building deters the original action, but once it starts, IMHO more guns are definitely worse.

More or less afraid of them than the nutter gunman who is holding them hostage?

I'd much prefer my chances with a CCW in the crowd to at least attempt to stop the perp.

PS. Cops can't shoot work a crap and yet they are the ones coming with 20 or more of their comrades to "save" this group......

How does one old guy hold 40 people hostage???

Maybe has gun to head of a hostage..

saw this posted on Twitter...

B46LyotCUAAGDBV.png

And all you arm chair commentators, you need to understand down there, "gun culture" is much much more different than here in Nth America.

Other point is, the place is a cafe, most likey older people with kids and family. No 20 something wanna-be heroes..

Back
Top Bottom