Installation of car bluetooth | GTAMotorcycle.com

Installation of car bluetooth

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Hey guys,

just looking for any recommendations for a shop to install a bluetooth kit into my 2010 Civic Si. Was thinking of a small unit that hangs off the visor but I'd prefer to pay for a properly installed unit that works as an eom type unit.

i believe that there's a module needed and wiring/mic needs to be installed as the EX has the similar system so it would be plug and play. I don't have the skills for it though :(

Thanks!

Hey guys,

just looking for any recommendations for a shop to install a bluetooth kit into my 2010 Civic Si. Was thinking of a small unit that hangs off the visor but I'd prefer to pay for a properly installed unit that works as an eom type unit.

i believe that there's a module needed and wiring/mic needs to be installed as the EX has the similar system so it would be plug and play. I don't have the skills for it though :(

Thanks!

I've have/had vehicles with built in bluetooth and have always been let down by them. I drive a lot and use the phone a lot for work so i need something that actually works well. I bought a Plantronics Voyager Legend Pro ~$130 and love it. I've had mine for almost 2 years and it still works like the day i bought it. It sounds clear, it connects everytime without hassle and the battery can last 2 work days even if I stream music with it.

Ultra Auto Sound, 3045 Southcreek Rd. Unit 44, 905 270 5355

Try 12 Volt Sound & Security. Steeles & Weston area. Next to the old Kahuna building. My buddy owns a shop in the same complex, he has nothing but good things to say about them.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

thanks ill ill give them a call tomorrow.
I think guys name is Said, all my Etobicoke customers use him and haven't heard anything negative.
You can also get a quote from Good Vibrations, 24 Ronson Dr. #19, 416 249 2217 Ralph or Leo. Some of Rexdale shops use them, but don't have any personal experiance with them.

Chrysler Uconnect seems pretty good to me, but it's not an option for the original poster!
I have it on the Jeep and it is fantastic.

I think guys name is Said, all my Etobicoke customers use him and haven't heard anything negative.
You can also get a quote from Good Vibrations, 24 Ronson Dr. #19, 416 249 2217 Ralph or Leo. Some of Rexdale shops use them, but don't have any personal experiance with them.

Said is not bad to deal with, but the guys working there are another story. I haven't been there since they were beside the old pool hall (cc's?) something like that.

I had a deck and some speakers installed in a car I had at the time because I did not have the time to do it myself. They ruined all 4 door panels and did some of the worst hack wiring i have even seen. Guys totally denied any wrong doing and basically told me to pound salt. Said took 1 look and refunded my entire purchase. He's a good guy, but I would only deal with him.

never had an issue with what Mercedes vehicles use, always connects, always works, even with multiple devices stored in it's brain

The 2 Mercedes i've had have been hands down the worst of them all. The system worked, but it way always very quiet on my end and the other end according to callers.

The problem with factory systems is the price. On my Sprinters, you only get bluetooth with the sound 20 ($800) option. For $100 I can buy a far superior standalone product.

Get one that is built into the stereo

I don't use bluetooth for phonecalls but installed a stereo in my Nissan that had bluetooth so I could link to my phone and stream music. Added bonus is the bluetooth for the phone works extremely well for calls and startles me when it goes on. As it's all integrated it cuts out the music volume and alerts me to a call from my car speakers. I hear everything clearly and the mic is built into the stereo unit and picks up my voice really well.

I don't use bluetooth for phonecalls but installed a stereo in my Nissan that had bluetooth so I could link to my phone and stream music. Added bonus is the bluetooth for the phone works extremely well for calls and startles me when it goes on. As it's all integrated it cuts out the music volume and alerts me to a call from my car speakers. I hear everything clearly and the mic is built into the stereo unit and picks up my voice really well.

Exactly, my dad picked up a pair of sony units for my mom and himself that have bluetooth, usb in, aux in, satellite radio hook up, talking on the phone is clear and pauses/mutes the music. Much easier than trying to retrofit some BT unit. worst case scenario you have to buy a connector and a housing adaptor if your car isn't 1/2 height stereo already.

Exactly, my dad picked up a pair of sony units for my mom and himself that have bluetooth, usb in, aux in, satellite radio hook up, talking on the phone is clear and pauses/mutes the music. Much easier than trying to retrofit some BT unit. worst case scenario you have to buy a connector and a housing adaptor if your car isn't 1/2 height stereo already.

I never even considered a stereo with bluetooth already inside the unit instead of having to wire up a mic through the car and possibly messing up the inside...

Can you let me know which one you used?

Thanks!

I bought a Bluetooth speaker at costco .It`s called Mojo a black cube speaker . It was $40 and it works great .

I never even considered a stereo with bluetooth already inside the unit instead of having to wire up a mic through the car and possibly messing up the inside...

Thanks!

I use my Garmin GPS but I can ask my dad what model he bought for his and my moms cars

Thanks!

I bought some no-name one from Walmart to be honest. Works really well though. When I was looking there were plenty of aftermarket stereos to choose from like Sony models etc. Look at Futureshop and Bestbuy for their sales too. I got a trim kit and fitted it myself.

Back
Top Bottom