Motorcycle jacket question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle jacket question

stevenleung0000

My cousin gave me a size 50 Daninese super speed textile jacket.
When I out it on, the bottom of the jacket barely reaches my hip, just slightly reaching my waist.
Is it too small for me in this case?

I thought the bottom of the jacket should be at least cover the upper part of the butt?

That is terrible. Give that jacket to me! :)

Jackets I've tried mainly fit that way, you'll find they should all be a bit shorter, b/c relatively the arms are longer to accommodate the stretch when you are reaching for the handlebars. They fit very snug, so they don't billow at highway speeds. Dainese is an amazing brand and very high quality, you are lucky to have such a nice cousin.

But really, you should sell that jacket to me

oh wow. that's a good cousin. LOL. usually the dainese size 50 somewhat translates to a medium.

i wear a dainese jacket as well and i believe that they are supposed to stop at the waist so that when you sit on the bike, it doesn't scrunch or bundle up and get annoying. also, if there is a 360zip, they can be partnered with pants which will connect right up. arms should be longer to accommodate the reach of handle bars, which were already mentioned in the above post.

but here's a chart from GP bikes website.

Dainese_Men_s_Jacket_Size_Chart__1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I think the size is fine.
I got another question though. (About the motorcycle training course)
Can I retake the course if I have passed M1 exit already?

I don't see how you couldn't take the course (just don't hand in the pass sheet to the MTO), but I thought there was a refresher course offered at most locations that may be more suitable.

I teach for Durham College. We've had people with a full M retake the M1x course as a refresher.
If its been a few years since you took it and you're not comfortable with the idea of dropping your own bike, then $450 to get comfortable again seems like a good idea.
Nobody cares if you drop a course bike. Thats what you pay for... as long as the student is okay.

Back
Top Bottom