Keep your dog on leash - don't be a dumbass! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Keep your dog on leash - don't be a dumbass!

One thing ive read too is to put a sign somewhere in your property that says "Beware of Dogs". Apparently this will help you in the event someone trespasses into your property and gets bitten. Its stupid right?

Look up culpable.

Add to this Keep Your Cats In Your House.

I'm not checking my yard every time I let my dogs out. Notice the Missing Cat posters on nearly every suburban group of mailboxes...

Add to this Keep Your Cats In Your House.

I'm not checking my yard every time I let my dogs out. Notice the Missing Cat posters on nearly every suburban group of mailboxes...
When I was younger we had guard dogs. Property was completely fenced around. My dogs would kill anything that came in. I think they are attracted by their dinner. I've found mice, large rats & on occasion some cats. I yell at them but they're like teenagers, they'll stop when you're there. They even try to be quite about it. No barking. One time I hear some shuffling outside & they were about to tear a cat up. I smacked them upside the head

I've asked owners that had little out of control dogs if they would find it funny if a Rottweiler was acting the same way. Of course they balk at that and I tell them that dogs don't understand size and they should control their animal.

Cool bro. I don't have that much experience, but we try hard and try to take precautions. Good for you. I'm not as cool as you, but I'm going to try everyday to make sure I grow up to be just as cool as you.

I know what the dangers are with my dog so we try to be cautious with that. Nothing alive that is smaller than her can go around her. I have thought of giving her up as I keep getting busier and can't give her as much time as I was able to 2 years ago. Let me know if you want her. She is a great dog to have.

My point was that even if you are the greatest dog trainer in the world and your dog can be off leash other owners aren't on the same level as you. If we tried to have that much of a standard to be a dog owner most of the dogs in the world would be homeless. It's simple, we have a law that makes sense so everyone should follow it!

You should consider giving up that dog, it sounds like your in over your head.

You should consider giving up that dog, it sounds like your in over your head.

Not that I'm in over my head it's become a time commitment issue. If things don't improve schedule wise I will probably end up doing that. The only problem I have is that if I give her up no one might take her in. Travelling a lot now for work etc... So little time now.

Who let the dogs out?

HAHA! I appreciate that :p

When I was younger we had guard dogs. Property was completely fenced around. My dogs would kill anything that came in. I think they are attracted by their dinner. I've found mice, large rats & on occasion some cats. I yell at them but they're like teenagers, they'll stop when you're there. They even try to be quite about it. No barking. One time I hear some shuffling outside & they were about to tear a cat up. I smacked them upside the head

I've wondered what brings the other animals into a yard where dogs stay. I think you're right, it must be some food source. The bad thing about cats - their attitudes. Some cats stand-ground and don't back down from dogs. Dangerous game you're playing Mr. Kitty. And my dogs have learned the same as yours - they act like nothing is out there.

Just like OP, and like most dog owners, we are animals lovers. It's heart-breaking to see any animals hurt.

HAHA! I appreciate that :p

I've wondered what brings the other animals into a yard where dogs stay. I think you're right, it must be some food source. The bad thing about cats - their attitudes. Some cats stand-ground and don't back down from dogs. Dangerous game you're playing Mr. Kitty. And my dogs have learned the same as yours - they act like nothing is out there.

Just like OP, and like most dog owners, we are animals lovers. It's heart-breaking to see any animals hurt.

I don't know what Mr Kitty was thinking but there was 2 G. Shepherds & a rottie there. Common sense would dictate do not enter that fenced area.

HAHA! I appreciate that

My dog used to kill raccoons simply because they'd keep returning until their injuries became fatal.

Dog was on a 20 ft line. Raccoon would come try to steal some food. Dog would shake it around and throw it beyond the reach of his line so he can't reach it. Raccoon would get up and come back. Repeat until dead. Not very smart.

My dog is like one of my kids. She goes where I go, on her leash. I like to keep her near me where she is safe, just like the kids. (Kids are not on leash, probably should be, likely more dangerous to the public than my g shepherd). At home, I have nearly an acre with a 6ft fence, this is her off leash playground. Yes she chases squirrels,( i encourage this) and yes she has caught/killed a few. She is not on a mindless killing spree, cats, small dogs etc, no problem. But squirrels? Look out!
Note: she doesn't tear them apart, I think she just squeezes a bit too hard, actually seems surprised when they don't get up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note: she doesn't tear them apart, I think she just squeezes a bit too hard, actually seems surprised when they don't get up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow was like that when he caught the neighbour's chicken. It was something that we tried to discourage but occasionally he would chase them because they would run. The only time he caught a squirrel is when he had one fall out of a tree and land in front of him and he acted while it was stunned.

Back
Top Bottom