2015 Schedule's | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Schedule's

Jayv

Site Supporter
I was bored, missing a couple of CSBK days though.

Test/practice weekends

May 2-3 RACE Shannonville
May 9-10 SOAR Gbm

Racing Schedule.

May 15-17 RACE Shannonville
May 22-24 SOAR Grand Bend
June 5-7 VRRA Shannonville
June 12-14 CSBK Calabogie
June 19-21 SOAR Grand Bend
July 3-5 RACE Shannonville
July 10-12 SOAR Grand Bend
July 17-19 VRRA Grand Bend
July 24-26 SOAR Grand Bend
Aug 7-9 RACE Shannonville
Aug 14-16 CSBK Mosport
Aug 21-23 VRRA Mosport
Sept 4-6 RACE Shannonville
Sept 11-13 SOAR Grand Bend
Sept 12-13 VRRA St-Eustache
Sept 25-27 RACE Shannonville
Oct 2-4 SOAR Grand Bend

I'm bored too.

Added 2 more CSBK

July 10-12 CSBK Castrol Edmonton
July 31-Aug1-2 CSBK Subie, NS
Aug 14-16 CSBK Mosport
Aug 21-23 VRRA Mosport
Oct 2-4 SOAR Grand Bend

That is 19 Race Weekends and 2 test weekends, More races than MotoGp - Awesome to live in Ontario!

Good Job everyone for not creating conflicting dates.

Last edited:
I was bored, missing a couple of CSBK days though.

Test/practice weekends

May 2-3 RACE Shannonville
May 9-10 SOAR Gbm

Racing Schedule.

Aug 14-16 CSBK Mosport
Aug 21-23 VRRA Mosport
Oct 2-4 SOAR Grand Bend

lol...like the schedule of a mini motogp!

Wow, and to think we did all three series three years ago. Kana won SOAR femme cup and i took home a RACE title and had a tough time with the Nationals. That was before the little princess was born.
Good times...
Enjoy your season guys and be safe.

That is really cool. Finally a "beginner" series on bikes that can actually move. There hasn't been a series like that since the SV650 Cup was turfed.

The reason why Spain has so many good riders at international level is because they have a solid entry level program. Hope this helps Canadian Riders get there - Good time to be a young talented rider (which I am neither)

Last edited:
Sad that CSBK is so short sighted that they can't see that tightly regulated one make series like their previous CBR250 series or the newly announced Kawasaki 300 series will only bring out a handful of new racers. If they allowed the Yamaha R3, Honda CBR250 and CBR300 bikes into the races instead of excluding them..I suspect that the entries would be double the 8-10 riders who will pony up the $$ to buy the bike and kit. Keep in mind that CSBK will probably require racers to buy a new bike (not a used one, a bike from the USA or an insurance "write off" bike) for close to ful price. parillaguy

Sad that CSBK is so short sighted that they can't see that tightly regulated one make series like their previous CBR250 series or the newly announced Kawasaki 300 series will only bring out a handful of new racers. If they allowed the Yamaha R3, Honda CBR250 and CBR300 bikes into the races instead of excluding them..I suspect that the entries would be double the 8-10 riders who will pony up the $$ to buy the bike and kit. Keep in mind that CSBK will probably require racers to buy a new bike (not a used one, a bike from the USA or an insurance "write off" bike) for close to ful price. parillaguy

I agree, should just be a 300 class. Surely would get more bikes on the grid. Poor decision by csbk.

It's probably a decision dictated by sponsorship $ $ $, just like the cbr125 series was, and then the cbr250 series. And for that matter, the rc390 series ...

But yes, I agree, structuring it in this manner is not a good long-term plan for getting riders involved. A one-make class works as long as the sponsorship stays in place, and then when it ends (as it inevitably does), everyone who owns one of the bikes in question is stuck with it - and everyone knows that. (Musical chairs.) It's not too bad if the bike is very popular (at the time) and the class gets folded into something else (like what happened at the end of RZ Cup, and SV650) - but ask riders what they did with their Harley XR1200 when that class came to an end ...

A "spec" class has really nothing to do with anything. You could have a spec CBR 125 class or 150 class or you could open it up to 300's the numbers may not change.
It is the "CLASS" that makes or breaks it.
Look at the SV 650 class,,, and I have some opinion here as I developed that for CSBK. Made the rules, got the sponsors and bought the trophies.
It was a spec class and my lowest entry was Calgary with 17 bikes. We averaged 34 per event.
So how you run it is the make or break. If I offered you a 300 Kawi class with 35 bikes on the grid,,,then some purse pay out,, even entry money back to 5th. Perks for farther back,, would you come play? So spec or no spec if the platform is solid you can do anything. If the platform is solid,, Yamaha and Honda would want in! So exclusivity would be more expensive then. Life would be great. Okay back to reality

Heard a rumour about this a month or so ago. I felt it was pretty late to swing this for 2015. Apparently thats what they think as well by doing the into a Mosport it gives time to prep a bunch of bikes then give it to the media monkeys to ride and write about. If they have 20-25 already built then offer it at a huge discount to people it may become somewhat viable, much more than the CBR250 cup. The 125 series worked well for a couple key reasons. The bikes and parts were cheap. Honda transported,repaired and stored the bikes the first year making it EASY for parents. When the 250 series was introduced it was doomed to fail. Bikes and parts were close to 600 prices. No at track support from Honda (one year had some from Racer5) if not for that the series would have failed before it even started. Fawaz's bikes and riders filled the grids. As soon as he left the series flopped hard.
Because this is Kawasaki and not Honda. History shows Kawi to be far less vested. They traditionally dont throw anywhere near the money Honda does at racing. The bikes will need to be cheap, the repair parts will need to be subsidized. At track support should be present. If all these things happen it may fly. If not then I am sorry it will end like the CBR250 cup.
I approached Jeff at a bike show a few years ago with a Ninja Cup proposal. My idea was to call it Ninja and open it to previous generations as well. You could have light and heavy. Light at the time was 250 and heavy was 650. They would be eligible for contingency payouts BUT also allow previous generations of 250 and 500 in as grid fillers but no payout. In my mind the thought was a youngster could start on an old bike to get a start. When he/she gets up to speed could move to a modern generation then onto the bigger bikes. Eventually when they move to a 600 what brand will they prefer?
Anyway it was shot down. According to Jeff who just returned from Japan the mothership stopped all further activities. His words were if Kawasaki was not already doing it they were not going to start.
You can bet this is $$$$ driven. The kits will be stocked by companies that "pay up" . Guess time will tell how/where this goes.

Jodie Christie was testing the 300 at Mosport with Sharrard and Colin in late Sep. RDT track day with Pro 6.

if "they" made it a bike lottery every weekend, and no one had to buy the bikes, just pay a set cost to run the year, maybe. at least then you not stuck with bike no one wants if the class fails.

Back
Top Bottom