Our country's officially going to hell... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Our country's officially going to hell...

FiReSTaRT

Site Supporter
Yikes, we're turning into Great Britain!!!

http://windsor.ctvnews.ca/alleged-intruder-stabbed-in-windsor-home-break-in-1.2141502

Alleged intruder stabbed in Windsor home break-in
A 22-year-old suspect was stabbed and arrested in hospital after an alleged break-in Tuesday night.
Windsor police were called to a home in the 2600 block of Meldrum Road around 9 p.m.
Officers say as many as four males had kicked in the rear door of the house and that one of the suspects may have been stabbed.
The 30-year-old occupant was arrested and charged with assault with a weapon.
The 22-year-old was arrested at hospital for break and enter. He suffered a lacerated liver and remains in hospital under observation.

Really? Charging the occupant for defending his home from a violent home invasion? Well F-U Windsor police! Our police services seem to have a hardon for those Canadians who refuse to be victims. According to them, you should curl into a ball and pray it's over soon. If you defend yourself, expect to be punished by the process because they can't let some random civvie think that he might not be a victim.

Yikes, we're turning into 'Merica!!!

http://windsor.ctvnews.ca/alleged-intruder-stabbed-in-windsor-home-break-in-1.2141502

Really? Charging the occupant for defending his home from a violent home invasion? Well F-U Windsor police! Our police services seem to have a hardon for those Canadians who refuse to be victims. According to them, you should curl into a ball and pray it's over soon. If you defend yourself, expect to be punished by the process because they can't let some random civvie think that he might not be a victim.

Enquiring minds have fixed it for ya!

Have we actually started to believe every sensationalized headline we read now?

What's not to believed? The facts so far are that people broke in, a fight went down, home invader got shanked. Police charged guys who broke in as well as the occupant who stabbed one of the guys who broke in.

Yeah a 9pm four man home invasion is likely drug/gang related but so what?

What's not to believed? The facts so far are that people broke in, a fight went down, home invader got shanked. Police charged guys who broke in as well as the occupant who stabbed one of the guys who broke in.

Yeah a 9pm four man home invasion is likely drug/gang related but so what?

Bottom line: If someone violently breaks into an occupied home, they're not there to sell cookies. I don't care how the occupants made a living (btw had this been drug-related, we would have heard about drug charges as well - cops love talking about their inflated street values lol), defending yourself from a violent attack should be a basic human right that applies to every Canadian.

I think the lesson to be learned here is that the occupants should not have called the police. They obviously didn't do themselves any favours by doing so.

I think the lesson to be learned here is that the occupants should not have called the police. They obviously didn't do themselves any favours by doing so.
Should've just finished the job & hide the body.
Gotta love left wing views

If this was in America he will not even be detained

No need to hide the body, just make sure he's dead, then there's only your word about what happened.

Theres still a murdered person they would charge you with murder

Nope. You are allowed to defend yourself using reasonable force. Your story is that he was just about to kill you. There is no one (alive) to refute that.

(The physical evidence has to match your story. You can't get away with shooting or stabbing him in the back.)

This was advice given by a long serving opp officer acquaintance.

Last edited:
Nope. You are allowed to defend yourself using reasonable force. Your story is that he was just about to kill you. There is no one (alive) to refute that.

(The physical evidence has to match your story. You can't get away with shooting or stabbing him in the back.)

Even so, why take the risk that they might find some evidence contrary to your story?

I'm with Sonny on this one... there is nothing linking the criminal to your place, no motive or connection between yourself and the intruder, so just dump the body somewhere and clean up the mess with bleach. Problem solved.

Edit-- even if all evidence indicates that you were completely within your rights to protect yourself in this instance, if you used a gun they'd likely charge you with unsafe storage, since how else could you have gotten it so fast?

Last edited:
The charges are going nowhere. There are plenty of precedents ruled on by high courts to have this thrown out. The police are just using public money to harass this guy and bankrupt him with court costs.

The charges are going nowhere. There are plenty of precedents ruled on by high courts to have this thrown out. The police are just using public money to harass this guy and bankrupt him with court costs.

They don't have to go anywhere. They are just there to punish the defendant through the process.. Look at the case of Ian Thomson - 2 years of courtroom to courtroom and $60,000 later, he was found not guilty on all charges (surprise surprise). I'd say that's a pretty stiff punishment for firing a warning shot (from a legally-owned firearm) to chase off guys trying to burn your house down with you and your family in it.

They don't have to go anywhere. They are just there to punish the defendant through the process.. Look at the case of Ian Thomson - 2 years of courtroom to courtroom and $60,000 later, he was found not guilty on all charges (surprise surprise). I'd say that's a pretty stiff punishment for firing a warning shot (from a legally-owned firearm) to chase off guys trying to burn your house down with you and your family in it.

In a case like this, are court costs ever covered for the wrongly accused?

In a case like this, are court costs ever covered for the wrongly accused?

Yes. The accused can always try to sue the Crown for malicious prosecution, but the bar is set pretty high for that, almost to the point of it being unwinnable. The Crown just has to claim that they believed that they had a legitimate criminal case on their hands, wink wink, nudge nudge, case dismissed. A good chunk of those $60,000 were from donations gathered by the legal firearm owner community, but the victim was still out tens of thousands of dollars of his own cash.

No need to hide the body, just make sure he's dead, then there's only your word about what happened.
If you have any article or reputable sources I will believe you, until then I will hold on to what I've read so far

yeah you keep dreaming those lefty ,the government will side with me dreams

Back
Top Bottom