School bus carrying kids hit by police cruiser in Fergus | GTAMotorcycle.com

School bus carrying kids hit by police cruiser in Fergus

CruisnGrrl

Site Supporter
http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/school-bus-carrying-kids-hit-by-police-cruiser-in-fergus-1.2140331#

[h=1]School bus carrying kids hit by police cruiser in Fergus[/h]
image.jpg
A school bus and OPP cruiser collided on Scotland Street in Fergus on Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2014

CTV Kitchener
Published Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:48PM EST
Last Updated Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:32PM EST
A school bus and OPP cruiser collided in the south end of Fergus on Tuesday.
The crash occurred around 4 p.m., on Scotland Avenue near Millburn Boulevard.
A person who lives in the area tells CTV News the bus was full of young students at the time.
None of the students were hurt, but Wellington County OPP say the police officer was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
There was visible damage to the front of the cruiser.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

Want to bet that the officer was texting/using the laptop? Like how do you miss a big yellow school bus (well obviously the cop managed to hit one). I've seen a couple posts on social media indicating that the cop was trying to blame the school bus driver but I haven't found any news outlets other than the CTV report, so I can't confirm it.

Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words

According to the soon to be published SIU report, the Bus hit the police car while stopped.

How irionic. I called MTO today to report a school bus that had no working brake or signal lights.

This morning on my way to work I almost ran into the back of a school bus just north of King on Weston RD. I pulled up along the side of the school bus and informed the driver her lights were not working. She stated she knew that and had complained to the company but they sent her out of the yard anyways.:rolleyes:

The school bus driver should have refused to take the bus out on the road without proper working lights. If the employer would have threatened the driver with penalty, they then could have quietly made a call to the Ministry of Labour informing them of a Work Refusal due to unsafe equipment.

The school bus driver should have refused to take the bus out on the road without proper working lights. If the employer would have threatened the driver with penalty, they then could have quietly made a call to the Ministry of Labour informing them of a Work Refusal due to unsafe equipment.
Yea sure, I am sure all of us also love to go to HR to complaint about our bosses ;)

Yea sure, I am sure all of us also love to go to HR to complaint about our bosses ;)
I've done it twice in 5 years. Last time was directly to our ceo. The issue surprisingly was resolved the next day.

In this case the cop should be nailed. Anyone else would be

Maybe he thought it was his kids short bus but actually it was a normal kids bus. Oops.

I've done it twice in 5 years. Last time was directly to our ceo. The issue surprisingly was resolved the next day.

In this case the cop should be nailed. Anyone else would be

depends on how much media gets made on it, right now I'm only getting one hit on google, CTV, I suspect it may have made it into the local paper who may or may not have an online presence.

It'd be funny if the bus backed into the cop car.

Wait... a kid probably pointed something at the cop. Fortunately he had nerves of steel not to shot the kid.

Wait... a kid probably pointed something at the cop. Fortunately he had nerves of steel not to shot the kid.

May have been a dangerous weapon like a pop-tart!

Back
Top Bottom