maybe caught in the act but they got away | GTAMotorcycle.com

maybe caught in the act but they got away

sunset

caught in the act but they got away *updated photo*

hello,
I've lurked here for several years since I ride, but never had anything good to contribute.

The title tells what i saw today, so I just want to put it out and get some feedback

i park my bike backed up against a wall behind my car in a condo.
at exactly 2pm today i went down to the garage to get my car, heading out for lunch.
from a distance, i noticed my bike cover was down and it's exposed, which was already strange. I thought my neighbor kicked it down by accident.
my neighbors on both sides are good people.

As i walk up to it, i see a silver mini van half way backed into my neighbor's spot, my neighbor drives a red SUV and we chat sometimes.

this mini van was fully tinted with 2 dudes in there. We crossed eyes nervously when i walked in front of them towards my car. as soon as i walked past they sped away narrow enough almost to hit my leg
I was pulling out my phone to snap their license plate at the same time

They didn't even drive out the normal way, they sped straight through empty parking spaces behind me, weaving the long, far off way out of the garage.

There isn't much of any proof that they were stealing it, but i felt really uncomfortable the whole time.
I reported it to security, have the plate, got them on camera, they suggest i report it to police.

someone at my level lost a kawi 600 not three years ago.

Still a tad flustered knowing now that my bike is a target, what an awful feeling..
gonna put the alarm back on

anyone have similar experience?

UPDATE:
here's the photo security let me have without their faces, not sure why
I submitted report to police all the same
j0a4jn.jpg

Last edited:
Let us know where so we can set some C4s in the surrounding area lol

It's sad that people can get in and out of parking garages so easily making it difficult for them to get caught when they are up to no good.

Put the bike in storage at least for this winter - then move if it is a rental. That is what I did the day 4 bikes were stolen and my alarm had gone on and the chain was cut from my bike, somehow they didn't steal mine.

Move it now or you won't have it soon. Go rent a storage unit asap as it will be someone else's in a week or 2 maybe less.

sent from a device using a program

The same situation happened to me a few years ago. Saw a van parked on the side of the road outside my house, two guys inside. I stepped outside to walk the dog and when I passed by, they took off down the road. I didn't have a phone to take a picture. The next day, my neighbour's house was broken into. I felt terrible that I wasn't able to get the license plate to help my neighbour. I'd treat this situation as suspicious and contact the police.

I would still report it to the cops, to put it on the "suspicious activity" record. It will also be interesting to find out if that license plate was stolen.

It will also be interesting to find out if that license plate was stolen.

Almost certainly it is. Good to report that sort of thing ASAP, though I'm sure they've already tossed the plate and grabbed another one.

Move it now or you won't have it soon. Go rent a storage unit asap as it will be someone else's in a week or 2 maybe less.

sent from a device using a program

This. Get it to someone's out in the meantime that has a garage they can loan you until you secure proper storage.

Definitely move the bike out like everyone else is saying, if you don't have the money for storage see if you can get it in your house. I had mine in my living room all summer when bikes were getting stolen around my neighbourhood.

93deff02f31f70175e8a62428109420c.jpg

That's the van that took my bike in June!!!

Hm. That's actually good news in a way. If they're using the same van over and over again, it means two things 1): it isn't so easy for them to change vans (or they're just getting lazy) and 2): a lot of the volume must be the same guys. Small things that might not wind up mattering, but if we're lucky they'll get themselves busted out of laziness or stupidity and we'll see a big drop in thefts (though I doubt this is all the work of just one gang) in the same way that Igor the bike fence downtown getting busted actually greatly lowered the bicycle theft rate downtown.

At the very least mention that it's the same van to the cops. That's big because if they didn't have that link before, now they will.

If you can get it to Mississauga I can offer temporary storage in our garage until you sort something....bit of a chilly trek.

The same situation happened to me a few years ago. Saw a van parked on the side of the road outside my house, two guys inside. I stepped outside to walk the dog and when I passed by, they took off down the road. I didn't have a phone to take a picture. The next day, my neighbour's house was broken into. I felt terrible that I wasn't able to get the license plate to help my neighbour. I'd treat this situation as suspicious and contact the police.
Believe it or not my brother has had luck with people lingering outside the house on the road. Calls the police, just say there are suspicious activity outside the house. If there's patrol, you might be lucky

Back
Top Bottom