Ticket with person recorded | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ticket with person recorded

Yes a company owned vehicle doesn't have a DL# printed on the ownership as the company doesn't have a DL..lol Hence the MTO then assigns a RIN always glad to help others learn new stuff.

I don't see my drivers license number or anyone's drivers license number on our shops ownership...

211v59d.jpg

Apon closer inspection you are correct. If you have a drivers license and you have a vehicle in your name it is printed where it has "RIN". Company vehicles or ones owned my an individual without a license get assigned a RIN #

Op here.

I gave the cop my own id. I didn't give insurance or ownership, he must've gotten my father's license off his computer.

My father says he doesn't have any receipts that day. Any ideas on how to prove he wasn't in the city at the time? I was out of town, a few hours away, he was at home address. He worked the next day...

show up to fight it.. see if the cop recognizes you... if he does... homerun. you win.

if he doesnt, l your dad is getting the ticket. Homerun ? lol

Op here.

I gave the cop my own id. I didn't give insurance or ownership, he must've gotten my father's license off his computer.

My father says he doesn't have any receipts that day. Any ideas on how to prove he wasn't in the city at the time? I was out of town, a few hours away, he was at home address. He worked the next day...

Any call logs? Did he buy gas? Affidavit from someone who saw him there?

Red light ticket by an officer = Ticket assigned to driver.
Red light camera ticket = Ticket assigned to RO, (Registered Owner).

Best option for op is to attend first attendance, ask for a trial. Then attend trial with his dad. Ask the officer to point out the vehicle driver at the time of the offence. Then point out the error of who is listed on ticket is not the same person. The fact that your dad was at home, is going to hurt your position, unless the ticket was issued 3 hours from his home/work and he can prove he was at work at a time which would have prevented him from being where the ticket was issued. IE ticket was issued in Kitchener at 6 am and dad was at work, in say Scarborough, (with stamped time card etc) at 6:30 am. But if ticket was issued at say 3 am and dad arrived at work at 6:30, it could be argued it is possible to have driven from ticket to work in that time frame.

What's the HTA section on the ticket? Some tickets can be issued to either the driver or the owner of the vehicle.

you just won the lottery dude...lol

Its tickets like this that just annoy me.. a simple thing that every single driver on the planet does. Go police the roads instead of sitting waiting in a trap.

I'd rather see them ticket people for unsafe lane changes, not signalling, driving like an idiot.

it should be fun making the cop look like an idiot in court

Now that's funny because failing to stop at a red light would constitute a technical unsafe lane change from one road to another AND driving like an idiot. As for the signal - it's not illegal to "fail to signal" unless it interferes with the flow of traffic.

To answer the OP's question, the ticket will be quashed. No, the cop won't perjure himself, he'll be advised by the crown that he made an error and will shrug his shoulders and head back to work. He'll likely apologize for your troubles too as most of them do but hey, you skated on a big ticket, saved $$ and an insurance hike. (and you did acknowledge that did in fact "fail to stop")

Like everyone that does things repetitively, there is always mistakes - they happen. (No I'm not a cop but I do work in the courts)

If you've gone beyond the 15 days from the incident date on the ticket, then you're SOL and your Dad will have to ask for that to be resolved via the crowns office but you can assit him with that. If not, look at option 2 and go from there - they'll likely pull it pretty quickly if what your saying is accurate.

Yes a company owned vehicle doesn't have a DL# printed on the ownership as the company doesn't have a DL..lol Hence the MTO then assigns a RIN always glad to help others learn new stuff.

Yes and No. Some company names have a persons name and DL number attached to it and some don't. Neither will display the persons name / DL# on the ownership - but it does appear when run by LE / MTO. (ie as noted in the pic "JJ's 4WD & off road center", if JJ is a real person, his info will likely be displayed.)

Took it to court, charges withdrawn. Cop quietly made a couple racist jokes with his friend cop, then stared at me as i left the court room. I ****ing love Kingston.

Congrats! Lashing out with racism is a good sign of powerlessness :)

Took it to court, charges withdrawn. Cop quietly made a couple racist jokes with his friend cop, then stared at me as i left the court room. I ****ing love Kingston.
ahahahahhahahahaahhaha

the bro in-law is a cop in that area and this made me laugh.

because its true.

As for the signal - it's not illegal to "fail to signal" unless it interferes with the flow of traffic.

Congrats deagz!

Bagpipes.... can you tell me about "fail to signal" .... as I was sitting at a red light,, in a 2 lane left turn .. where you must turn left... in a company car.
Some one phones in and tells my boss the left signal isn't working on the vehicle.. ... lol.... I reacted sort of stupid... but saying you don't have to signal that turn.... . I should have said .. i'll get the mechanic to fix the signal.....

but I 'd like to point out the law where is speaks about using turn signals. and I couldn't find it when I looked
Thanks!

Congrats deagz!

Bagpipes.... can you tell me about "fail to signal" .... as I was sitting at a red light,, in a 2 lane left turn .. where you must turn left... in a company car.
Some one phones in and tells my boss the left signal isn't working on the vehicle.. ... lol.... I reacted sort of stupid... but saying you don't have to signal that turn.... . I should have said .. i'll get the mechanic to fix the signal.....

but I 'd like to point out the law where is speaks about using turn signals. and I couldn't find it when I looked
Thanks!

Signal for left or right turn
142. (1) The driver or operator of a vehicle upon a highway before turning to the left or right at any intersection or into a private road or driveway or from one lane for traffic to another lane for traffic or to leave the roadway shall first see that the movement can be made in safety, and if the operation of any other vehicle may be affected by the movement shall give a signal plainly visible to the driver or operator of the other vehicle of the intention to make the movement. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 142 (1).

And I really wish that they would do away with the "...and if the operation of any other vehicle may be affected..." portion.

Op here.

That is very strange. I was going to say he must've read it off the ownership but if you didn't give him one that's so odd.

And I really wish that they would do away with the "...and if the operation of any other vehicle may be affected..." portion.

Agreed. So many people have no idea what vehicles are around them or how they might be affecting everyone. Better to just signal all the time. Heck, I signal in empty parking lots and usually even when making evasive maneuvers to avoid dumbasses.

Agreed. So many people have no idea what vehicles are around them or how they might be affecting everyone. Better to just signal all the time. Heck, I signal in empty parking lots and usually even when making evasive maneuvers to avoid dumbasses.

There have been three occasions, in the last year or so, on which I've followed someone around the corner of of Yonge and Shuter, before 6:00am, and had them immediately do a u-turn in front of me so that they can reverse direction and go into the Eaton Centre parking structure. Fortunately on all three occasions the person has signalled, or I might have centre punched their cars.

There have been three occasions, in the last year or so, on which I've followed someone around the corner of of Yonge and Shuter, before 6:00am, and had them immediately do a u-turn in front of me so that they can reverse direction and go into the Eaton Centre parking structure. Fortunately on all three occasions the person has signalled, or I might have centre punched their cars.
Happens to me probably at least once a month. Usually cabs.

Back
Top Bottom