Ticket with person recorded | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ticket with person recorded

deagz

I just got a ticket. My car is registered under my father. The cop put my father's name and drivers license number on the ticket, instead of mine. My father wasn't driving. He wasn't even in the same city when I got the ticket. Will this get the ticket thrown out?

"red light - fail to stop"

I slowed down to a crawl, before making a right turn at an intersection.

Lol... Just have him apply for a court date and as long as he can prove he was out of town (receipts), the cop will be laughed out of court after he testifies that he distinctly recalls seeing your dad as he ran the light (if the cops didn't perjure themselves on a regular basis they'd never register any convictions in court). Proving the identity of the driver is an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY for getting a conviction.

Then the question of how did you got the physical ticket to send in....

....though giving a person the wrong ticket should void it.

It's not like it's a red light camera ticket, that applies to the vehicle's owner. He should request first attendance, show evidence that he was not in the area at the time, and it should be vacated.

... unless you presented his ID and that's why it was recorded that way, in which case you could be in for a serious wringing-out.

Unless they look the same, isn't photo ID supposed to be used to ID the person against the ID?

Drivers license is generally photo ID, unless you're waiting for a renewal to be sent out. Officers rarely check against other ID and presenting improper ID to an officer gets into Criminal Code areas (specifically Section 403 1(d)).

Last edited:
Drivers license is generally photo ID, unless you're waiting for a renewal to be sent out. Officers rarely check against other ID and presenting improper ID to an officer gets into Criminal Code areas (specifically Section 403 1(d)).

Yep.. I wrote my advice (barely worth the pixels it's displayed with) with the assumption that the cop got a bit lazy with his lookup and wrote the ticket based on looking up the vehicle owner and NOT the OP presenting another person's ID ;)

I just got a ticket. My car is registered under my father. The cop put my father's name and drivers license number on the ticket, instead of mine. My father wasn't driving. He wasn't even in the same city when I got the ticket. Will this get the ticket thrown out?

you just won the lottery dude...lol

Its tickets like this that just annoy me.. a simple thing that every single driver on the planet does. Go police the roads instead of sitting waiting in a trap.

I'd rather see them ticket people for unsafe lane changes, not signalling, driving like an idiot.

it should be fun making the cop look like an idiot in court

you just won the lottery dude...lol

Its tickets like this that just annoy me.. a simple thing that every single driver on the planet does. Go police the roads instead of sitting waiting in a trap.

I'd rather see them ticket people for unsafe lane changes, not signalling, driving like an idiot.

it should be fun making the cop look like an idiot in court

Not. Everyone.

As Rob pointed out from your wording you gave the cop fake identification which is a serious issue. I wouldn't even try to fight it just pay the ticket and be glad the officer didn't notice this. I may be wrong but the only way for the officer to get the drivers license number is from the license itself. Now if you worded your question wrong and he wrote the license plate number then that is a whole different story.

Wouldn't his dad have had his license with him? If so, how could he present it to the cop?

The driver's licence is NOT the only way for the officer to get the driver's licence number. Look at your vehicle permit it has your DL # right on it. Likely the officer just took all the info from the vehicle permit and didn't even look at the operator's licence. Certainly sloppy work, on the officer's part. But yes it will have to be taken to first appearance with proof, (hotel bill etc), that the person listed on the ticket was indeed not in town on the date of offence.

The officer will never be made look foolish in court as this charge will never see a courtroom. As long as the OP has proof his dad was out of town the crown will withdraw the charge at first attendance.

As Rob pointed out from your wording you gave the cop fake identification which is a serious issue. I wouldn't even try to fight it just pay the ticket and be glad the officer didn't notice this. I may be wrong but the only way for the officer to get the drivers license number is from the license itself. Now if you worded your question wrong and he wrote the license plate number then that is a whole different story.

Keep in mind that I said, "... unless..." ;)

edit: Never mind, others said it

Last edited:
The driver's licence is NOT the only way for the officer to get the driver's licence number. Look at your vehicle permit it has your DL # right on it. Likely the officer just took all the info from the vehicle permit and didn't even look at the operator's licence. Certainly sloppy work, on the officer's part. But yes it will have to be taken to first appearance with proof, (hotel bill etc), that the person listed on the ticket was indeed not in town on the date of offence.

The officer will never be made look foolish in court as this charge will never see a courtroom. As long as the OP has proof his dad was out of town the crown will withdraw the charge at first attendance.

I don't see my drivers license number or anyone's drivers license number on our shops ownership...

211v59d.jpg

Apon closer inspection you are correct. If you have a drivers license and you have a vehicle in your name it is printed where it has "RIN". Company vehicles or ones owned my an individual without a license get assigned a RIN #

Last edited:
ummmmm...do you really want a pic of your ownership online????

Its a one off company vehicle. Thousands of people see it a year and there are pictures of it all over the internet and in catalogs. The address and everything is a retail/automotive shop that is well known and has been around for 26 years. Really not one thing to hide on this one.

Back
Top Bottom