Crossing the into the US with bikes on the back of a pickup truck? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crossing the into the US with bikes on the back of a pickup truck?

JohnnyP636

Site Supporter
Im planning to do a little trip into the US over the holidays, I am planning to drive over with 2 bikes on the back of my pickup truck. Personally I have a clean Ontario title and ownership for my bike, but my friend has a stunt bike with a custom frame on it that he only has a US MCO paper for it that came with the frame from the guy that builds them. Does anyone know if he have any problems crossing either way with that? It only has a number that is on the frame on the MCO certificate and the manufactures info. Any other things to worry about crossing with bikes on the back of a truck?

A search on here shows some postings about non titled track bikes, and people said you need a Y38 form from Canada customs. They say to bring the bike and you can fill out that form to prove ownership and not have to pay tax on your way back in...Can this be done at Canada Customs on Dixie and 401? Same place I go when I have imported bikes from the US?

Maybe PM NinjaNikki as she knows more about border crossings and bikes than others here. She could at least direct you where to find the right info.

A search on here shows some postings about non titled track bikes, and people said you need a Y38 form from Canada customs. They say to bring the bike and you can fill out that form to prove ownership and not have to pay tax on your way back in...Can this be done at Canada Customs on Dixie and 401? Same place I go when I have imported bikes from the US?

You will need the Y38 form prior to you leaving, or you they will think your importing the bike into Canada when you return.

I cant recall the exact address but it is near the airport.

Back
Top Bottom