2012 Yamaha R6 50th anniversary stolen from condo around square one | GTAMotorcycle.com

2012 Yamaha R6 50th anniversary stolen from condo around square one

EazyRyder

2012 Yamaha R6 50th anniversary stolen from around square one. Red, white and black. Covered with a grey cover.
3888 duke of york blvd. between 6:30am and 4:30 pm. Level P2 Parking 101
If anyone saw anything suspicious please message me.

Another condo theft? You don't say...

What is this, thread number 2,185 about a condo theft?

For god's sake people, this hasn't been news 10 years ago. Park your shiny sport bike in a condo and this will eventually be your fate.

Sorry to hear about your loss OP.

I was in a condo building yesterday that is selling motorcycle parking spots for $10,000. Wth, that money buys a lot of self-storage time that is reasonably secure (at least out of sight, out of mind).

Sorry to hear about your loss OP.

I was in a condo building yesterday that is selling motorcycle parking spots for $10,000. Wth, that money buys a lot of self-storage time that is reasonably secure (at least out of sight, out of mind).

Unless that's a mini-garage within the spot, seems ridiculous.

Condo's and bikes don't mix. Best is to either 1. get something old/not too popular while living in a condo 2) storage unit off site 3) buy a house.

Unless that's a mini-garage within the spot, seems ridiculous.

Condo's and bikes don't mix. Best is to either 1. get something old/not too popular while living in a condo 2) storage unit off site 3) buy a house.

It's a normal looking spot that's too small for a car so they are selling it for a motorbike.

thats insane...10 and 30 grand for additional spots??
i was just starting to look at condos but the whole lack of garage thing is a big downer..

Another condo theft? You don't say...

What is this, thread number 2,185 about a condo theft?

For god's sake people, this hasn't been news 10 years ago. Park your shiny sport bike in a condo and this will eventually be your fate.

You get cranky in Christmas time eh, more than usual.

-OP best you can do is start going to dealerships and get high price quotas (a few of them)for your replacement bike and be prepared for when dealing with your insurance. Also find comparable bikes with comparable KM in kijiji etc and print those adds if the price is something you will be happy with.
- Get a good idea of how much is going to cost you to replace your bike and have a clear number in mind, remember that the price the insurance will give you includes taxes, so if you are negotiating 6k, you will get that minus taxes.
- Do not let them just give you a low ball, you can always negotiate a higher price as long as you have done your home work.
-By the time riding comes you will have a new (to you) bike so as much as this sucks at least is not summer time and riding time lost is 0.

Forget about your bike, it is in a box going somewhere else in the world like jamaica.

You get cranky in Christmas time eh, more than usual.

-OP best you can do is start going to dealerships and get high price quotas (a few of them)for your replacement bike and be prepared for when dealing with your insurance. Also find comparable bikes with comparable KM in kijiji etc and print those adds if the price is something you will be happy with.
- Get a good idea of how much is going to cost you to replace your bike and have a clear number in mind, remember that the price the insurance will give you includes taxes, so if you are negotiating 6k, you will get that minus taxes.
- Do not let them just give you a low ball, you can always negotiate a higher price as long as you have done your home work.
-By the time riding comes you will have a new (to you) bike so as much as this sucks at least is not summer time and riding time lost is 0.

Forget about your bike, it is in a box going somewhere else in the world like jamaica.

Its all these god damn christmas carols everywhere you go, the traffic and god damn cold.

Its all these god damn christmas carols everywhere you go, the traffic and god damn cold.
You haven't been much on gtam, you're going through withdrawal

Thanks for the info, that's pretty much the only thing I can do.
Time to move on, these fuks will get theirs.

Unfortunately it's the best you can do. ZX600's post is pretty much all the info/advice you need.
Good Luck and hope you get all you can from the insurance co.

I don't think you would want the bike back at this point anyway... who know's what's been done with/to it.

Too bad these 2,185 condo theft threads can't get out to the dealers in the form of education. ie "you're buying a bike from me, if you live in a condo I highly suggest since you are buying a Supersport that you go to one of these locations and rent a storage container. "

Last edited:
Too bad these 2,185 condo theft threads can't get out to the dealers in the form of education. ie "you're buying a bike from me, if you live in a condo I highly suggest since you are buying a Supersport that you go to one of these locations and rent a storage container. "
Sounds like a great way to destroy a sale to me.

Not saying it wouldn't be a good idea or fair warning. But I doubt you'll see any salesmen interested in mentioning that little drawback.

sorry for ur loss man...but guys who live in a condo ( myself included) need a cheap storage mart for motos in the gta..

....may be its time to pool in and open some kinda business... but tht's a different topic for a different time

Riding for the most part is a luxury and not a necessity. With that luxury there is something to be said about ease of use. So, nobody really wants to get all their ***** and then get in the car and drive to local storage shack just so they can go for a fun boot. It's a useless nuance and any kills the spontaneity of the sport!

OP isn't complaining that his bike was stolen, just putting it out there as an fyi. We all take the risk and that's why there is insurance. The broader question is, how is it possible to get the same insurance price on a SS in a condo unit as a house? If things make that much difference, you could bet your bottom dollar that the insurance companies will price you out and will not make it worthwhile to insure a bike that will be kept in a common garage.

It's a useless nuance and any kills the spontaneity of the sport!
I say the same thing about rubbers but she still won't change her mind. :lmao:

The broader question is, how is it possible to get the same insurance price on a SS in a condo unit as a house? If things make that much difference, you could bet your bottom dollar that the insurance companies will price you out and will not make it worthwhile to insure a bike that will be kept in a common garage.
Stop with this logic. I park my toys outside all year. If insurance companies get hold of your ideas I'll be paying even more!

Now if only I could start remembering to take the keys out and lock the doors of my cars.

R6 taken this past weekend from my condo. It's been sitting there. Unlocked and unattended for 1 1/2 years now.

Bld didn't realize I sold my ninja and called me thinking mine was also taken.

Back
Top Bottom