Should I sell it? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should I sell it?

LoL

my my biggest one is increasing cornering speed. I know I can lean the bike more but still don't have that confidence. Had a couple instances this year when I went in for a corner and once corner started decreasing I wasn't able to go lower but reacted in a way that made me cross centre line (thankfully without oncoming traffic).

basically want to increase confidence in cornering tight radius curves and become a more confident rider.

Gotcha. I think we've all been there, misjudging entry speed and/or decreasing radius. Traction isn't always consistent what with all the variables involved but the street rider can usually count on a bit more available lean because he's always leaving some room for error. Isn't he? Honestly, if you're approaching the limits of adhesion on the street corners that's very swift riding. There should be no real risk of sliding out even when riding in a decent sporting fashion. I was under the impression your concerns were horsepower related.

Last edited:
Yes that's my concern. Getting better at leaning and learning the proper form for a lean. I find that I can get down about halfway and then my body just wants to move back up because it feels like it's going to tip over, I know it won't...but just can't get to push it anymore. I've been able to shift my body position with knee out and *** off the seat more towards a corner which allowed me to carry good speed with less lean, but still not as comfortable as I'd like to be.

I've ridden with a few guys that know what they're doing and I am in no way able to keep up to them in corners (or straight line of course!) but I'd like to improve my riding form first prior to moving on up.

As for HP limits on a 250...those come way too fast!

Every season end I get my ad ready and pics taken but right before I post I realize how much I like that little bike....this year I decided to keep it for 2015 because I want to take some riding courses to improve my riding and then move up. There's still a lot to learn on this one for me as I know I'm nowhere near its limits yet.

Been there, done that with my Ninja 250 :)

As soon as a deal came too close, for example, a serious buyer wants to see the bike, and asks for dates to purchase etc., I ended up taking the ad off and calling all the deals off lol

I could finally let it go on my 3rd try, and that was after putting down a deposit for my current bike.

I saw the guy that I sold the bike a year or so later. He said he totalled the bike in the same week of purchase, trying to do wheelies in a condo parking lot =(

I suspect you are already willing to sell. Why ask us?

Do you have a mind of your own?

I would..

My 1993 VFR750.... probably list it up for $500. 120,000km needs new front brake rotors (thin), and a clutch bearing. Then I'd buy either a 1998-2003 VFR800. love those gear driven cams, an 2009 VFR or a 2014 VFR800.

I would..

My 1993 VFR750.... probably list it up for $500. 120,000km needs new front brake rotors (thin), and a clutch bearing. Then I'd buy either a 1998-2003 VFR800. love those gear driven cams, an 2009 VFR or a 2014 VFR800.

I love the VFRs....but for now too expensive for me :(

For what I have in my VFR750 you could sell your cbr250r and have almost $2g left over. 30hp vs 95hp and v4 sound

For what I have in my VFR750 you could sell your cbr250r and have almost $2g left over. 30hp vs 95hp and v4 sound

With the amount of kms I have on my bike (26,000km) I'll be happy if I see anywhere near $2k for it! LoL

Sold my 250 with 20k on it for over 4k lol

Wow thats awesome! I guess toronto pricing is good for the resale market!

maybe be ill sell mine for 4 and state it's proven to work! LoL

Thus far, I've sold every bike I've ever owned. For a price I found acceptable. Maybe it wasn't the "right price"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom