Should I sell it? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should I sell it?

HAhaha. Yah it is a dumb question I know I know.

The other day a friend of a friend had his bike stolen, and it's the same bike as mine. He told my friend to ask if i would sell him my bike, the price is slightly more than what I paid for it.

If it's your first time selling a bike, be aware that you will feel like you're the stupidest person on the planet for the next few days for exchanging a roaring/growling motorcycle with pieces of paper.

Should you sell? Up to you.

I have yet to keep a bike longer than one season so I am probably not the best guy to ask.

Haha me too. Thats why I've had like 10 bikes.
Should probably change my profile pic since I don't have that bike anymore now lol

Toys are always for sale. I'll probably re-buy the ones I'm nostalgic about down the road, but until then... Show me the moula.

If you're asking to sell it, you've already moved on.

Time for the next big thing.

If money wasnt a big issue, and someone offered to buy your bike off you, would you sell it?

What I find intriguing nowadays is people who keep bikes for a long time, maybe forever. You find a guy who's had the same bike since youth, has become somewhat of a guru, has made long term friends in owners associations and clubs etc. The bike may be tastefully modified or original. Rather than constantly flipping bikes for the latest greatest. Not saying one way is better than the other but if I could do it all over again I wouldn't have been so hasty to dump the old iron. So no, nothing is for sale unless stupid money.

A few months ago, a guy offered me what I paid for my bike almost 5 years ago. I said no, even though I'm thinking about getting a sport adventure instead. I don't think that I'm done with it yet. That being said, if I was offered TWICE what I paid for it....

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Also, my bike is basically the one I've dreamed about getting ever since I was a kid (more or less). Right now, I'm pretty content.

Every season end I get my ad ready and pics taken but right before I post I realize how much I like that little bike....this year I decided to keep it for 2015 because I want to take some riding courses to improve my riding and then move up. There's still a lot to learn on this one for me as I know I'm nowhere near its limits yet.

Really? It's only a 250.

Really? It's only a 250.

Ya I know...thought I'd get bored of it in a season but it does everything I need for now. Only thing it doesn't do is above 150! plus it costs me 450/year in insurance so that's a bit of a consideration as well.

There's still a lot to learn on this one for me as I know I'm nowhere near its limits yet.

Ya I know...thought I'd get bored of it in a season but it does everything I need for now. Only thing it doesn't do is above 150! plus it costs me 450/year in insurance so that's a bit of a consideration as well.

:) I was teasing. What are these limits that are beyond your grasp after so much seat time? When you eat ice cream do you usually get it near the lips first try? Give us a sense of what we're dealing with here.

:) I was teasing. What are these limits that are beyond your grasp after so much seat time? When you eat ice cream do you usually get it near the lips first try? Give us a sense of what we're dealing with here.

LoL

my my biggest one is increasing cornering speed. I know I can lean the bike more but still don't have that confidence. Had a couple instances this year when I went in for a corner and once corner started decreasing I wasn't able to go lower but reacted in a way that made me cross centre line (thankfully without oncoming traffic).

basically want to increase confidence in cornering tight radius curves and become a more confident rider.

If it's your first time selling a bike, be aware that you will feel like you're the stupidest person on the planet for the next few days for exchanging a roaring/growling motorcycle with pieces of paper.

that's exactly how I felt after selling my winter beater a couple weeks ago without lining up the next one. It was only a 2000 Accord V6 but it was in my family since brand new, the first car I started driving and got me around flawlessly without ever leaving me stranded.

I only sold it because the first guy to look at it offered my full asking price no drama despite the leaky transmission and body damage, he just needed a reliable running car quick...

I ended up getting a 2006 6 speed Acura TL and that feeling is starting to go away now....

Everybody's got a price

[video=youtube;2_JTzEppKy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JTzEppKy8[/video]

Back
Top Bottom