Scotch anyone? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scotch anyone?

So i was at he LCBO today and saw this new blended scotch called Islay Mist. It says its main blend is Laohroaig which is my favorite and its only $29 so im not expecting much. But i picked one up and ill report back as soon as i try it.
[h=3][/h]

It's probably just shyit blended with the peat scraped off the sheep feet! Kidding.

I've seen Islay Mist on the shelves, have yet to try it though. Low price does make it seem sketchy.

Keep us posted. I could use a cheap peaty blend.

It's not scotch, but I just came back from NYC with two bourbons that aren't available here. Bulleit 10 and a Russell's Reserve Single Barrel that was supposedly commissioned by the liquor store I was at (Astor Wines in NOHO.)

cMYzcL9.jpg

2YU60JR.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen Islay Mist on the shelves, have yet to try it though. Low price does make it seem sketchy.

Keep us posted. I could use a cheap peaty blend.

It's not scotch, but I just came back from NYC with two bourbons that aren't available here. Bulleit 10 and a Russell's Reserve Single Barrel that was supposedly commissioned by the liquor store I was at (Astor Wines in NOHO.)

cMYzcL9.jpg

2YU60JR.jpg

Looks tasty!

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

For novelty reason, decided to pick up the Glenmorangie 18 Years Old Extremely rare. Not a bad bottle for $100.

Not bad indeed but where did you find it for that price? My bottle was over $200.

So here is a verdict. I tried the Islay Mist last night just for a tasting. Tried it neat and a mouthful (yes, giggity) to get a better idea.

It is indeed worth the price (at $27 now onn sale) Its cheaper than red label.

As you guys guessed, its not as smooth obviously. It is aged 8 years (according to the label) but it is peaty and i enjoyed it.

Again, its not as smooth but like Matt Rain said, its a cheap peaty one.

I'll be looking for this stuff, we'll be in Bora Bora in two weeks and headed for Fiji or New Zealand depending on the weather. If Import taxes and duties have anything to do with it we will be looking at any Whisky NOT of Scottish origin. The French polynesian franc is no powerhouse currency in the global market.

Where about or which resort you going to in Bora Bora? Was there in June last year...let me know if you need any info about it. You'll have better luck of picking up the whisky in NZ than in Fiji. Also, everything is super premium price that part of the world except for coconuts and tuna...(man, I can go for some poisson cru, make sure to try in local in Tahiti).

Last edited:
So here is a verdict. I tried the Islay Mist last night just for a tasting. Tried it neat and a mouthful (yes, giggity) to get a better idea.

It is indeed worth the price (at $27 now onn sale) Its cheaper than red label.

As you guys guessed, its not as smooth obviously. It is aged 8 years (according to the label) but it is peaty and i enjoyed it.

Again, its not as smooth but like Matt Rain said, its a cheap peaty one.

There's nothing wrong with 'slummin once in a while ;)

There's nothing wrong with 'slummin once in a while ;)

No sir. Nothing wrong with it. Not all scotch drinking has to involve a snobbish evening. Only most of them ;)

Also, i usually add a little water to my scoth so im sure thatll help make it a bit more smooth specially since McClelland which i was previously talking about being a good cheap single malt, has been going up in price. Last year it was 36/bottle. yesterday it was 44. 8 bucks in one year is too much of a price hike if you ask me. Still cheap for a good single malt though

McClelland which i was previously talking about being a good cheap single malt, has been going up in price. Last year it was 36/bottle. yesterday it was 44. 8 bucks in one year is too much of a price hike if you ask me. Still cheap for a good single malt though

All scotch has gone up quite dramatically in the past year.

There's been a huge whisk(e)y revival over the past 5-6 years. Supply can't keep up.

I'm amazed that something like Lagavulin 16 is as widely available as it is.

Its like those Honey monstrosities..i have a scotch one its still gross as hell

I quite enjoy 40 Creek Spiked Honey. It's a good flavoured whiskey.

Take it camping or anytime id be rocking a beer.

Honey Jack is just too sweet.

Chillin' with16 yr old Lagavulin tonite after a huge memorial service.
P4250157_zpsuvlgrqc1.jpg

Full spring detailing of the SUV and swapped out the trackbike coolant among a list of other things and had a few different scotches to reward myself. Finished with the Glenmorangie Rare 18.

Chilling with a 16yr old Scotch
5c90bce82b974c71d717277ba4b852a0.jpg

Did anyone else watch the Bob Simons bit on 60minutes last week? Very cool look at Isle Islay.

Did anyone else watch the Bob Simons bit on 60minutes last week? Very cool look at Isle Islay.

Pulled the cork off my bottle of Cardhu 12 year last night... Good whiff of maple, but with no overwhelming sweetness, peat or smoke (don't get me wrong, this one is a great mix though), that's about as smooth as it gets in the $75 price range single malts.

Back
Top Bottom