Scotch anyone? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scotch anyone?

Any Canadian two wheeled single malt lover needs to take a trip to Cape Breton and visit (or stay) at the Glenorra distillery.There is usually a bottle in my cupboard.It's very civilized (not peaty),but not cheap.The distillery is on the Cabot Trail and has log cabin chalets for rent.http://www.glenoradistillery.com/
[video=youtube;YyugRP4lHks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyugRP4lHks#t=526[/video]

They offer a great tour/tasting as well. Pour your own from the casks into a nice supplied bottle to take home. Unfortunately purchasing their product is rather limited these days as most is already spoken for before it's ready (most sent across the pond surprisingly). I've been there a dozen or so times.

Any particular reason?

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I don't drink much, so when I try something new, it lasts a while. It's the stuff Wingboy is talking about.
I do have some JW Black for those who insist on Scotch.
I acquired my taste for Scotch when I was poor and in high school, starting with J & B with 7 up, and moving on to Rusty Nails, and then to some better blended Scotches.

So it's somewhat nostalgic, but that doesn't mean I can't improve somewhat, now that I'm older and richer.

others will disagree and say this is better or that. But you need to try them yourself. If your taste buds are shot, it won't make much difference, so you need to find your own sweet spot.

Laphroaig or Peat Monster for me. On lots of rocks, I like it icy cold and when it starts to get watery I just pound it and pour another.

Why ruin a perfectly good liqueur?

I was a kid at the time. Oh, you won't like rusty nails they taste horrible ...
You know what comes next.

Spent time on our last cruise with a guy from LA who knew his liquor, especially wine, so I'm getting spoiled in my old age. If it's beer, it's Guinness from Ireland not the Molson's hooch. I don't drink much Scotch anymore.
:(

FFS. There's no Distiller's Edition anywhere in Ontario. How the hell am I supposed to watch Bad Santa christmas eve?

The LCBO has an odd importing schedule. One of my favorite ranges, Dalmore 12/15/18, shows up and disappears without warning. Only the 18 is available right now. It's brilliant but at $175 it's not exactly high on my shopping list. (My current bottle is from the Frankfurt duty-free, where I paid around 90 bucks.)

Just pulled out a bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra "Triumph" 1991/2010 that I bought a couple years ago. Not a big fan of the floral Speyside stuff, but this is well done. Has a bit of tropical fruit/pinneaple flavors going on, and good spice in the finish.

The floral/vegetal aspect detracts from it IMO. Still enjoyable.

7.9 Matt Rains out of a possible 10

I've poured so much scotch into my body the last 15 years that I'm now drinking maple whisky from BC; there's nothing new to drink!

Dalwhinnie is one of my favorites, as is Laphroaig, but a peat monster and Lagavoulin works too. JW black is my favorite staple for everyday but I'll happily swap in JW red

I'm going to try Wisers based on the above recommendation. Thx!

Try the maple whisky if you feel like venturing off of scotch for a bottle. I enjoy.

I'm now drinking maple whisky from BC; there's nothing new to drink!

Try the maple whisky if you feel like venturing off of scotch for a bottle. I enjoy.

Now yer talkin!

Try Sortilege from quebec. Used to have to drive there to pick it up from the SAQ as that was the only way.

Gratefully, the LCBO started regularly stocking it the last year or two.

Throw it in the freezer, and drink chilled.... ENJOY.

http://www.sortilegewhisky.com/en/the-original/

Try the maple whisky if you feel like venturing off of scotch for a bottle.

Thanks, but I'll venture to KY, not BC.

I have a special decanter just for J&B.

34247B4A-DE04-4FFB-A704-5817CD9F2849-28226-00000E11A356008B_zps2b83e256.jpg

Here is my Scotch...
4c64df25a7aca6db55caf36d3d9f407a.jpg

f0093992ee0dee1d12afe87d318cb0c4.jpg

And some other stuff of my stash...
2366795914e7674ab4367f3464034771.jpg

90358b07d76b801b314235bc2305100d.jpg

bf6f9c927ee3330724b6961598621d1b.jpg

325955b4cfdc08bfeb35ee72af1a0143.jpg

Back