Scotch anyone? | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scotch anyone?

Just to follow up on a few posts back.. The glenlivet 12 really is gone off the shelves now :-(

Bowmanville LCBO on Saturday. Glenlivet 12 for $56 (the 15 was $75 but I prefer the 12). There was plenty on the shelf. Obviously I bought some :)

Thanks for the bowmanville tip. Driving back with these two now
75dc10d216da47bce583c3f9efa3a9d5.jpg

You're welcome indeed. It's a steal at $56 imo.

I know it has been mentioned before, but, man, what is the deal with this trend away from year statements?

I just looked at my collection last night and over half of them (6 bottles) are some type of reserve cask or non-year bottle. None are 18s -- still working my way up :)

I'm not a snob about single malts or years, it's just an observation. I guess the scotch companies are trying to solidify their speed to market and keep their sales number consistent in preparation for some type of shortage...?

I know it has been mentioned before, but, man, what is the deal with this trend away from year statements?

I just looked at my collection last night and over half of them (6 bottles) are some type of reserve cask or non-year bottle. None are 18s -- still working my way up :)

I'm not a snob about single malts or years, it's just an observation. I guess the scotch companies are trying to solidify their speed to market and keep their sales number consistent in preparation for some type of shortage...?
So they're blends...from what i understand.

The Johnnie Walker display in the Cancun duty free was brilliant! The way the lighting was shining thru the bottles on their well lit pedestals... Oh geeees.

Sadly, I had to give the shrug to a $115 USD (~150 CAD) set of 1L + 200 mL bonus bottle of 18 year platinum label (the lady did not support that purchase lol)... picked up 1L of Gold Label Reserve for $65 USD instead... smoooooooth stuff.

Yep, guess I'm a bit of a sucker for JW.

I always read this thread, though slow at times... It's been quite interesting.

I'm a bit of a Scotch snob myself. I tend to prefer Sm over blends, but have managed to seize a pretty substantial collection of bottles over the last five years (>100).

I actually have been engaged with some friends in a yearly ritual we call scotchtoberfest where we meet for a BBQ and every two of us bring a bottle. ideally something we really like or simply haven't tried. We've gone alphabetical, region wise, always open to discussion to avoid bringing two bottles of the same.

Would you guys be interested doing something like this?

Bikes and Scotch sounds like a terrible combination though it doesn't have to be!!!

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

I really couldn't care less if it was single or not. JW black is still my favourite.. I go by what I taste not what I read

I really couldn't care less if it was single or not. JW black is still my favourite.. I go by what I taste not what I read
It's funny... I tell people that whenever I chose jw red over black almost every time. Most of my friends don't like peat monsters either.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

It's funny... I tell people that whenever I chose jw red over black almost every time. Most of my friends don't like peat monsters either.

Peat is an acquired taste. There's a reason Genmorangie is the most popular whiskey in Scotland. Even there, most don't like the monsters. If you prefer blended, try Té Bheag. It's reasonably priced and a much better product than Budwei.........er, JW.

Just picked up a bottle of Glengoyne 18. Smooth, sherry casked. If you like Glendronach or Macallan, you'll love this one!

Wrong thread but got a nice bottle of rum. Highly recommended
776db32bfb01d14f587efc9e3961a916.jpg

Just picked up a bottle of Glengoyne 18. Smooth, sherry casked. If you like Glendronach or Macallan, you'll love this one!
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Hey Boys,

Anyone enjoy cigars with their Scotchy Scotch Scotch? I personally enjoy a smokey single malt with a nice Cuban. Cohiba Robustos and Lagavulin pair great together. Also don't mind the Cognac, too.

cheers,
EZTRGT
Kyle

I have some unidentified Cohibas that I got to go with my Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve. Honestly I don't care for either. The Dalmore is weirdly leafy.

Back
Top Bottom