Scotch anyone? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scotch anyone?

My brother and I enjoy a bottle of Scotch every xmas for the last several years, so i've tried most of the above from light island scotches to peat monsters.

It used to be Balvenie 12 for me when it was $60, as it was insanely good for the price, now they raised it to 80 or 90 I think. I pretty much stick with good old Irish Whiskey now (Jamie of course) or a pot still like Green Spot if i'm feeling fancy.

I recently tried Forty Creeks Evolution 2014, which spends some time in cabernet sauvignon casks and kind of tastes like a Brandy. Which is fine, because I like Brandy.

Lastly, I find the Canadian Club 100% Rye really good for the $30, and am also a fan of thier Sherry Cask.

Last edited:
Glengoyne 12 is my fancy one got it on the distillery tour lovely stuff. I also have a Japanese Yamazaki 12 year single malt that stuff is like also fantastic!
I Know its not scotch but i have Alberta Dark horse as my everyday thats is good stuff! white owl is also good!

Glennfiddich has tastings at the xmas market this year its the scotch i drink at bars so i'm looking forward to my trip to the big city on Saturday!

It all tastes like a delicious house fire!

Lol...... post #7 went right over your head!!
(I quit drinking alcohol sometime during grade 4).

I caught it. That's what prompted my post.

Lastly, I find the Canadian Club 100% Rye really good for the $30, and am also a fan of thier Sherry Cask.
I really should try CC again sometime. I had it once when I was about 18 years old and thought it was the most foul thing I'd ever tasted. Literally barfed as soon as I got a taste of it. But I didn't drink many hard liquors straight back then either.

I really should try CC again sometime. I had it once when I was about 18 years old and thought it was the most foul thing I'd ever tasted. Literally barfed as soon as I got a taste of it. But I didn't drink many hard liquors straight back then either.

Well the regular cc is best suited for Manhattan duty but give the new 100% rye a shot, neat. It has a green label.

IMO the regular Forty Creek is the best value in cheap Canadian swill. The whole range is good.

Not very scientific, but I won't be hairsplitting between Gold, Green, Platinum, Blue, Double Black, Glenfiddich 15, Chivas 18 :)

Recently finished a Blue Label. The price/sip is too high to enjoy =(

Last edited:
Lagavulin Distiller's Edition that he got right at the distillery last month, it's close to perfect

Finally, the talk turned from turpentine.

Ha. Peat is an acquired taste, I don't blame peeps for disliking it.

I also find Laga pretty inconsistent from bottle to bottle. Every new bottle of 16 is a surprise, from being sort of lemony and mild to a full-on nuclear peat blast.

Any Canadian two wheeled single malt lover needs to take a trip to Cape Breton and visit (or stay) at the Glenorra distillery.There is usually a bottle in my cupboard.It's very civilized (not peaty),but not cheap.The distillery is on the Cabot Trail and has log cabin chalets for rent.http://www.glenoradistillery.com/
[video=youtube;YyugRP4lHks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyugRP4lHks#t=526[/video]

I put coke in my scotch

wme71h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom