Scotch anyone? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scotch anyone?

Don't be hatin on the RED one!

I'd rather drink beer or not drink at all. Not trying to be snooty or anything but I just can't take red....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather drink beer or not drink at all. Not trying to be snooty or anything but I just can't take red....

:p

Just teasing.

I got this one at the Costco in the USA.

IMG_3092.jpg

And this is the Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye ... Xmas present.

IMG_3095.jpg

And Glenlivet Nadurra 16 year old, also came from the usa.
I'll post some more later. With some motorcycle content if possible.

IMG_3096.jpg

Here's a few from a local Costco in Goodyear, Az:

665609d3e92593d2a02cc293487dd878.jpg

92976be77f45f61896be7600403b1c58.jpg

825b330009467377640ee056309b6cd1.jpg

f40f0337cf5627bcfbd9a994e7c1ab65.jpg

29e4d91adaf68f97583b019fd860b66d.jpg

d2f23dff82466e98cdfdb3f4ea6f3216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opened the Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye. It is surprisingly good for a 30-dollar Canadian whisky. Says it's 90% rye but to me it tastes a lot like the ryes the bourbon manufacturers are making, which are a more even blend of corn/wheat/barley and rye. You can still taste quite a bit of corn in there, and there's the typical vanilla oakiness of bourbon.

Very good!

youre taking awfully long to drink some!

Damn dog, it was good. But I like the 10 better.

This is a bit stronger (more peat?) and a bit smokier, but had all the smoothness and fruity cues (lol) of the 10. "Strong" and "easy-to-drink" are always an impressive combination. I'd recommend both, buy the I'm getting the 10 next time (it's "good enough")

Damn dog, it was good. But I like the 10 better.

This is a bit stronger (more peat?) and a bit smokier, but had all the smoothness and fruity cues (lol) of the 10. "Strong" and "easy-to-drink" are always an impressive combination. I'd recommend both, buy the I'm getting the 10 next time (it's "good enough")
Alright good to know. Thanks :)

If that article is true I'm going to grab a couple Glenlivet 12's to hold onto. My local store is about 50/50 stock comparing the 12 and the founders reserve currently.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Possibly true to an extent. But much of the big players will still have the originals available. I do miss being able to buy the Macallan's though as their new ones suck.

One of my favorites was Glenmorangie; Madeira-cask finished. I used to pick it up at the duty-free when I travelled a lot. They discontinued it a few years ago unfortunately and my last bottle was emptied several years ago.

Glenmorangie is probably my favorite entry-level single malt. It's got a little bit of everything going in it. Sucks that they dropped the age statement.

Glenmorangie is probably my favorite entry-level single malt. It's got a little bit of everything going in it. Sucks that they dropped the age statement.
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of something else (MaCallan maybe?). The core range are all age defined (except for the Nectar D'or). My fav in their range is still the Rare 18.

Edit - You're right, it actually says TEN YEARS OLD in all-caps. Never mind me.

#facepalm

Last edited:
How to pronounce...

[video=youtube;LM1Axz4qmuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1Axz4qmuI&list=PL4hOxBSG4fW7tYbNuLq-R8kU8Kx9z8Bva&index=1[/video]

Just had this on the weekend and we polished it off ( a very large group I might add). I believe currently the best value on offer here ( in Riptario) under 15 year single malt

Excellent value for the money, smooth finish. 14 Year old

gfdob.14yo.jpg

BB

Last edited:
Just had this on the weekend and we polished it off ( a very large group I might add). I believe currently the best value on offer here ( in Riptario) under 15 year single malt

Excellent value for the money, smooth finish.

gfdob.14yo.jpg

BB

Next time I'm at the LCBO, gonna pick up a bottle!

Back
Top Bottom