Scotch anyone? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scotch anyone?

I haven't been drinking whiskey much but my brother has. So I've been getting into it recently. Mostly single malts.

I picked this up and not really sure what to say. For sure I will refer single malts especially highland and Islay.

I also have CC rye to compare and for sure it's better than that.

I say if you haven't tried it, try it for like $32. If you don't like it just keep it as one of those award winning bottle in a cabinet.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I don't even like rye that much, I just hate missing out on an event.

I have a limited-edition bottle of Collingwood 21 Rye sitting on a shelf. Probably won't ever open it.

Bit of a hoarder.

Dunno about the whisky bible guy but I put different whiskies in different categories and would never compare them all like that as to me they taste different. American bourbons, Canadian ryes and Scottish single malts (along with Irish single malts which I like).

I have a limited-edition bottle of Collingwood 21 Rye sitting on a shelf. Probably won't ever open it.

Bit of a hoarder.

That's a bloody waste, right there.

Only resources and tools should be hoarded (and to that end, hoarded until necessary).

I mean, I'll prolly gift it away at some point. I had two, drank one and it just wasn't my thing.

I mean, I'll prolly gift it away at some point. I had two, drank one and it just wasn't my thing.

ohhhhhhhhh then allow me to retract, fair sir. I recently got two bottles of limited-edition Forty Creek whiskeys (Confederation and Harmony), even had the bottles signed by John Hall himself, and they're almost done LOL I'm thinking of filling them with iced tea for display purposes...

I have 2 bottles of Canadian Club 15yr Limited Edition(in brown medicine bottle). Last two sold in Ontario. Allen's on Danforth Ave has an open bottle and sells at $9/oz... Well worth it in my opinion.

I generally dislike CC too, but this was hands down the best I've ever had. Comparing to Wisers Oldest 18yr, Collingwood, Century(buddy's fav,not mine) 40 Creek and Gibson's gold. Crown is too sweet imo. I like Wisers Small Batch too.

Dunno about the whisky bible guy but I put different whiskies in different categories and would never compare them all like that as to me they taste different. American bourbons, Canadian ryes and Scottish single malts (along with Irish single malts which I like).

Same here. IMO bottlers such as CC, Crown Royal, JD, etc shouldn't be mentioned in a Scotch thread. Rye is Rye. Lets get back to scotch's!

Same here. IMO bottlers such as CC, Crown Royal, JD, etc shouldn't be mentioned in a Scotch thread. Rye is Rye. Lets get back to scotch's!
Why?

I for one am very glad that we have a Canadian selection as the best of the world. As the other guy said "dunno about whisky bible guy" Well if you do know him and his selection criteria and some of his past winners, then you can comprehend better (don't mean as a slight but accolades matter). Sure single malts are great and they have their place, but not at the exclusion of other whiskies. I think the Scots have a pretty good racket going without us feeding to the marketing aspirations.

I'm as surprised as any that CC won the title and yes when you think of CC, most think of mass produced mixer that you pick up on your way to a bush party. But hey, here we are. A friend was able to pick up one up for me, so I'll try it soon enough.

chin-chin chaps!

Saying "whiskey" is like saying "motorcycle". Comparing a Crown Royal to a Laphroaig is like comparing a R1200GS to a GSXR1000. Apples to oranges comparison and to say one "beat" the other in a comparison is really no comparison at all.

Saying "whiskey" is like saying "motorcycle". Comparing a Crown Royal to a Laphroaig is like comparing a R1200GS to a GSXR1000. Apples to oranges comparison and to say one "beat" the other in a comparison is really no comparison at all.

Saying "Scotch" is like saying "motorcycle". Comparing a Laphroaig(isaly) to a Balvenieis(speyside) is like comparing a R1200GS to a GSXR1000. Apples to oranges comparison and to say one "beat" the other in a comparison is really no comparison at all.

Anyways man, I'm glad you're a Scotch man, so am I. But I'm also proud to say that something from Canada won something.

Here is one that I found a few years ago that at the time was good value...

glenlivet.JPG

$46 US at the Phoenix duty-free for 1L of 10 year Glenmorangie... converts over to $62.71 which is still less than the LCBO price of $70/.75L... Puts $7 in my pocket and gives me an extra CUP (or, 8 single shots but no one drinks singles...)!

This stuff is good. Our dollar is tanking and booze is still a deal in the US.

Best scotch sipping company youll find.
[video=youtube;LS-ErOKpO4E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS-ErOKpO4E[/video]

lol, I watched about 20 seconds of it.

I don't doubt he did the full 45 minutes for real.

Back
Top Bottom