Scotch anyone? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scotch anyone?

cbcanada

Banned
I recently discovered the joys of JW black. I sip on it straight, no ice. It's grown on me..

Just curious who drinks what? Maybe I can try others.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

There's another thread somewhere in here talking about scotch that I'm too lazy to find. I'm sipping some Te Bheag right now, good and cheap.

I've switched to Canadian single malt for now.

Sure. See my signature.

I clicked on this thinking it was going to be a thread about Scotch.

I wonder who will be first to get all snooty and look down their nose at scotch costing less than $50 a bottle.

I don't mind Johnny Walker...I drink the Blue...smooth stuff!

Lol...... post #7 went right over your head!!

Rick will be here soon enough, then the discussion can begin.

I've started on a bottle of Scapa (12yr) , its less peaty than many spirits in my opinion and i'm off the really smokey peaty flavors today. Much like the super hoppy beers they are producing , they have run the course on my tastebuds this month. I have a bottle of Balvenie carribean cask coming. Its started in an oak whisky cask and finished in rum casks. I have a serious rum habit so I'm thinking it could be a treat. I wont turn up my nose at blended whisky, its often the house brand at many fine bowling alleys. What else would you drink while wearing rental shoes?

Big fan of peated scotch. Buddy brought me a Lagavulin Distiller's Edition that he got right at the distillery last month, it's close to perfect.

Ardbeg Uigeadail and Isle of Jura Prophecy are not far behind.

I like cheap blends as well, JW Black is always on the shelf. **** I even like Red Label and White & MacKay's bottom-shelf blend.

Truth be told there's very little whiskey I don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I sip on JD neat. My friends think I'm an alcoholic. They may be correct. Occasionally have something much more expensive but JD is my go-to.

Macallan 12. I don't like anything peaty and enjoy some sherry flavours in my scotch. There's not too many blends I like but Monkey Shoulder is one of them.

Macallan is very tasty. In the same style I like Dalmore. Zero peat, all spice and sweetness and dried fruit. It's almost dessert.

Back
Top Bottom