Does someone need a better christmas? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does someone need a better christmas?

Sonny has been doing this for a while. Good on him.

Merry Christmas Sonny nice work.

If it gets some others at least thinking about it, then it's good if some advertise that they do it, isn't it?

Tis better to give than to receive.Some people just don't get it.Stubby and I gave up on the gift exchanging fiasco many years ago (except for kids) We give to our favourite charity at Christmas time and spend the holiday season enjoying the company of our family with good food and drink.
Good on you Sonny.Merry Christmas to you and your family.

STB, good on you. Thanks for doing what I am not able to.
My mom not only helps out a different family every year with gifts, but also has them over for Christmas dinner. I think that is amazing. (paul, I hope that's not bragging ?)
Inreb, who the eff is this Noel you keep referring to?
Merry Christmas ?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Tis better to give than to receive.Some people just don't get it.Stubby and I gave up on the gift exchanging fiasco many years ago (except for kids) We give to our favourite charity at Christmas time and spend the holiday season enjoying the company of our family with good food and drink.
Good on you Sonny.Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Thanks same to you

STB, good on you. Thanks for doing what I am not able to.
My mom not only helps out a different family every year with gifts, but also has them over for Christmas dinner. I think that is amazing. (paul, I hope that's not bragging ?)
Inreb, who the eff is this Noel you keep referring to?
Merry Christmas 
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Thanks same to you

I'm putting this in general motorcycle discussion so the most people can see it, usually I do this on my birthday too but I missed it this year due to my voluntary ban. I like helping individuals , families or groups who normally couldn't get help. Yes I donate to charities but I hope to help people off the grid or who can't get or won't ask for help around Christmas. If you know someone who needs help post it here or pm me. Merry Christmas!!

Hey Sonny,

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but I was listening to Virgin radio this morning and they were doing their make it merry segment, which is basically what you're doing. Radio show asks listeners to donate to families nominated to help make their Christmas a little better.

Anyways this last family that was nominated had me sniffling.....I can't think of a family more deserving. Just thought you might be interested and hopefully you can help, even a little bit. I myself will be making a donation to help. Btw, I think what you're doing is great.

http://toronto.virginradio.ca/MakeItMerrywithMadDogandMaura.aspx

Kim's story...

"Hi Mad Dog and Maura. I have the perfect family for this year's Make It Merry. There is a wonderful woman who is bravely battling cancer for the third time. It was breast cancer that has now gone in to her lungs.

In July on her 36th birthday, she was told her cancer was terminal. At the beginning of October, after an MRI, the doctors informed her that the cancer had spread to her brain and that she would not be leaving the hospital and would not last the month. But here we are in December. She has outlived what the doctors had told her and she is doing her best to live everyday with a smile.

No matter how bad she is feeling when she is having Chemo, her faith and smile never falter. She has 2 amazing kids. A 15 year old boy who has has such a close bond with his mom that makes my heart jump! Her daughter is 10 and she is definitely Mom's girl. Both of her kids have stood by their mom through everything.

Kim has been home for almost a month now trying to enjoy every last moment she has with her children and family and friends, Kim is behind on most of her bills as she is struggling to live off of the disability payments she receives.

Her children are having a very hard time with this as they have watched there mother suffer from one cancer to another for the last 6 to 7 years now and still believe that she is going to beat it again, the youngest cannot remember seeing her mother healthy as she just turned 10, The oldest is coping by pretending that is not happening again.

Because this Christmas will probably be the last that she spends with her children, I nominated this family so they can celebrate something and have a wonderful memory. Her greatest wish is knowing that her children will not forget her. Please help to make it a very memorable one for them all!"

WISH LIST
* She owes $2000 on her car. She’d love to be able to give that to her son when he turns 16.
* The kids need a new computer for homework.
* The oldest loves video games and could use XBOX and Playstation points
* The youngest loves anything Monster High.
* Both kids could use tablets to get their mind off of things.
* Grocery gift cards.
* Any cash donations for bills and any loose ends she needs to tie up.
* Any cash donations that will be put into a account for education for the children.
* She loves any relaxation products from Bath and Body Works.
* She loves chocolate.

PLEASE NOTE WE NEED YOUR DONATION NO LATER THAN 6PM ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 16th.

Hey Sonny,

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but I was listening to Virgin radio this morning and they were doing their make it merry segment, which is basically what you're doing. Radio show asks listeners to donate to families nominated to help make their Christmas a little better.

Anyways this last family that was nominated had me sniffling.....I can't think of a family more deserving. Just thought you might be interested and hopefully you can help, even a little bit. I myself will be making a donation to help. Btw, I think what you're doing is great.

http://toronto.virginradio.ca/MakeItMerrywithMadDogandMaura.aspx

Kim's story...

"Hi Mad Dog and Maura. I have the perfect family for this year's Make It Merry. There is a wonderful woman who is bravely battling cancer for the third time. It was breast cancer that has now gone in to her lungs.

In July on her 36th birthday, she was told her cancer was terminal. At the beginning of October, after an MRI, the doctors informed her that the cancer had spread to her brain and that she would not be leaving the hospital and would not last the month. But here we are in December. She has outlived what the doctors had told her and she is doing her best to live everyday with a smile.

No matter how bad she is feeling when she is having Chemo, her faith and smile never falter. She has 2 amazing kids. A 15 year old boy who has has such a close bond with his mom that makes my heart jump! Her daughter is 10 and she is definitely Mom's girl. Both of her kids have stood by their mom through everything.

Kim has been home for almost a month now trying to enjoy every last moment she has with her children and family and friends, Kim is behind on most of her bills as she is struggling to live off of the disability payments she receives.

Her children are having a very hard time with this as they have watched there mother suffer from one cancer to another for the last 6 to 7 years now and still believe that she is going to beat it again, the youngest cannot remember seeing her mother healthy as she just turned 10, The oldest is coping by pretending that is not happening again.

Because this Christmas will probably be the last that she spends with her children, I nominated this family so they can celebrate something and have a wonderful memory. Her greatest wish is knowing that her children will not forget her. Please help to make it a very memorable one for them all!"

WISH LIST
* She owes $2000 on her car. She’d love to be able to give that to her son when he turns 16.
* The kids need a new computer for homework.
* The oldest loves video games and could use XBOX and Playstation points
* The youngest loves anything Monster High.
* Both kids could use tablets to get their mind off of things.
* Grocery gift cards.
* Any cash donations for bills and any loose ends she needs to tie up.
* Any cash donations that will be put into a account for education for the children.
* She loves any relaxation products from Bath and Body Works.
* She loves chocolate.

PLEASE NOTE WE NEED YOUR DONATION NO LATER THAN 6PM ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 16th.

i emailed them twice saying I would help multiple families and no one got back to me

i emailed them twice saying I would help multiple families and no one got back to me

Have you heard what the North Koreans have been up to of late? Coincidence?

Cynical me says they want the advertising and feel good glow, they don't actually care about the families :/

Good on you sonny, keep up the good work.

You've probably already done it and now isn't the best time of year, but SickKids kids always enjoy a ride in some of your toys.

Cynical me says they want the advertising and feel good glow, they don't actually care about the families :/

You've probably already done it and now isn't the best time of year, but SickKids kids always enjoy a ride in some of your toys.

Thanks

You have to help their way, not yours!
Make a donation and don't be a suck, that family really needs it!
Merry Christmas to you too Jason!

I've got to know Maura on a skiing trip and believe me, she's "genuine". She helps a lot of people off the air, by connecting them with the ones that can help! I've no doubts of any kind about " Make It Merry"!

Back
Top Bottom