Getting the most $ for a cage at wreckers? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting the most $ for a cage at wreckers?

Riceburner

So there's ppl that will pay $400 and tow away your dead minivan. Is there a wrecker that will pay more for one you can drive there?

So there's ppl that will pay $400 and tow away your dead minivan. Is there a wrecker that will pay more for one you can drive there?

If you can drive it there, it's kijiji material. i.e. maybe fetch $1000 - $1500.
You might be a little late for the "winter beater" crowd, but ya never know.

There are people that will actually pay $400 to yank a heap from your driveway?!

A dealership will even give $400 for scrap. Others will tow and sell for more, so I can just drive it there and cut out the middle man and make more.... so which wreckers pay more?

A dealership will even give $400 for scrap. Others will tow and sell for more, so I can just drive it there and cut out the middle man and make more.... so which wreckers pay more?
I tried to trade in a scrap, but driveable, Saab to a Subaru dealer. They didn't want to offer me anything for it.

I sold it on Kijiji for $400. Guess I could've gotten the same from a wrecker. At least it went back on the road for someone that got a good deal.

Our lot guy here took an old (95?) Nissan Altima to the Ajax Wreckers the other day and got $400.

I exchanged my 02 civic for a set of dunlop slicks and a set of rain tires :)

Chrysler dealership wanted to give me 300 bucks, yea right

I hate dealing with Kijiji people

Ajax Wreckers might be promissing. Anyone know anything about the Retire Your Ride program? Does it pay better?

Ajax Wreckers might be promissing. Anyone know anything about the Retire Your Ride program? Does it pay better?

I thought they wrapped that up years ago, I had no idea it was still running.

linked from Ajax site... http://retireyourride.ca/ Guess they are part of it...

Says:
Simply fill out the form and submit it
You’ll receive the highest bid from participating local recyclers within 2 days
Accept the offer and they’ll come by to pick up your vehicle within 7 days

To get top dollar for your car from the wreckers they usually want it conditioned. Fluids drained, no tires, no A/C fluid etc. The tow trucks drag it in of a dolly or two wheels that they take off.

Cut the catalytic converter if you can and sell it separately. You'll get a few extra bucks for it.

Back
Top Bottom