KTM twins coming in 2016 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM twins coming in 2016

CafeRay

This is interesting...

http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/12/bikes/ktm/v-twin-engined-ktm-middle-weight-bikes-coming-in-2016/

Baby RC8s?

ktm%20rc8%20motorbikes%201280x769%20wallpaper_www.wallmay.com_15.jpg

Good news. Waiting to see what they will come up with. I like their designs, they have flair and presence.

They are an alternative to Japanese sport bikes. I think they realize that something got out of whack when a 600 is now over $13K.

The RC390 is under 6K.

The fully faired Duke 790 twin is interesting, as well as the fact that they are bringing back the Husqvarna brand. Clearly, the Japanese have little interest in keeping the 600-800 class alive.

Having seen an RC8 and 1199 Panigale side by side, the fit and finish of the Duc is FAR superior. IMO

A great bike it may be in performance, but solely from the eyes it looked like kit-car quality.
I think a good portion of that is attributed to the cheap-looking matte paint on the bike I saw.

Ducati%201199%20Panigale%20dash%20600.jpg

146_1011+2011_ktm_rc8_r_04+.jpg

I put a deposit down on the 1290 Super Adventure a few weeks ago. It looks like KTM is pushing more into the mainstream. :)

Congrats! If this is mainstream, I like where the mainstream is going. With the SMT1290, S1000XR, & FJ-09 all around the corner, the light weight taller supersport touring segment is looking very good.

Agreed.

Over the years I modified my Katana to suit my preferred riding position and surprisingly the KTM 1190 was almost exactly the same position. I suppose the big(ger) dual sport bikes fit the bill on a lot of different accounts. A few select modifications turns a grand tourer into a single track dirt bike. (minor exaggeration but ya get the point).

This new crop of bikes is amazing!

Congrats! If this is mainstream, I like where the mainstream is going. With the SMT1290, S1000XR, & FJ-09 all around the corner, the light weight taller supersport touring segment is looking very good.

Back
Top Bottom