Other uses of kerosene ? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Other uses of kerosene ?

Just ask the pharmacist where mineral oil is. You can also use baby oil for that application since it's just scented mineral oil, but I wouldn't consider it food-grade - like for kitchen knives/wooden cooking utensils
Found some. Apparently you take it for constipation, or so the bottle said. Unfortunately it was like a 500 mL bottle or something and all I need is a couple drops a month so I passed on it.

Found some. Apparently you take it for constipation, or so the bottle said. Unfortunately it was like a 500 mL bottle or something and all I need is a couple drops a month so I passed on it.

I've been keeping the same bottle for years.. Also use it for lubricating locks/hinges and on my oilstones. Even used it as a laxative when I was given opiates after a surgery (great results) :D

vegetable oil can go rancid and grow bacteria under the right circumstance. Mineral oil doesn't do that.

vegetable oil can go rancid and grow bacteria under the right circumstance. Mineral oil doesn't do that.

With that being said, I treated all of our wooden boards with tung oil instead. It polymerizes and also gives the wood a warmer color without obscuring the grain. AFAIK the only 2 sources to get it in the GTA are Lee Valley and Amazon (the stuff in big box hardware stores is petroleum-based and not food grade).

originally kerosene was coal oil ,then they figured out how to make a petroleum distillate with the same qualities. Boeshield is a much better winter weather repellant, in my opinion. I use it by the gallon for degreaser , its cheap enough and for me works better than detergent degreaser.

There is a huge movement on the medicinal uses of kerosene treating everything from tumors to diabetic issues.
I don't think the trace amounts on a knife blade would pose a health issue.
How's the price and availability of Boeshield compare to ACF50? Boeshield is designed by Boeing while ACF-50 is Lear, it seems?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom