Accident in mall parking lot. 50/50 fault. Will my rates go up? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Accident in mall parking lot. 50/50 fault. Will my rates go up?

That's what i got from our insurance company...sorry if you're right.
They told you all parking lot accidents are 50/50 fault?

THANK YOU - I have this argument with my wife every time, I wonder if the person backing into the spot is going to rob a bank.

Over 25 years driving and yet to hit anything backing out of a spot and I got no fancy sensors or cameras.

This is one of those topics that will be split 50/50 on who agrees we should back into a parking spot or go straight in.
I personally think it’s easier to back into a spot, than having to back out, it’s hard to see if you have to SUV on each side if there is a car coming or not.
I tell my wife to park far away where there is no one around her, or back into a spot so it’s easier to see if there is anyone coming when pulling out.

People are taught to back in for safety. Yes, backing in means a higher chance you will hit another car. However, it'll probably be at really low speed and it's less likely that anyone will be around those vehicles. Backing out of a spot means you could back out in front of a fast moving vehicle or over a pedestrian walking through the parking lot. Bad for your wallet and insurance rates but better for preventing injuries.

Personally, I usually just pull through or drive in forward (as I also think it's easier to back out than in) but I was taught to reverse in on several driving courses.

54020315.jpg

Back
Top Bottom