Finished winter set up on my stunt bike the other week. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finished winter set up on my stunt bike the other week.

nikiter

Studded tires, heated grips, radiator cage. Now just waiting for lakes near by to freeze up.....

And which other week was it? Can you narrow it down?

how long did it take to stud each tire? looks like lots of fun!
I'd say for both tires took me solid 5-6 hours. Bring it into your living room, pop a movie on and start putting studs in that tire :)

Studded tires, heated grips, radiator cage. Now just waiting for lakes near by to freeze up.....

With the weather we'e been having, you won't have to wait for long!

On a side note those tires look major BLING man!

What kind of speeds do ice racers get up to? Do you balance the wheels after studding, or it's not worthwhile as some studs get thrown and wreck the balance anyway? I made my wife a pair of winter running shoes the same way, but they don't look nearly as badass. The studs wore out really fast on the shoes, make sure you don't ride much on hard surfaces.

When those fly out they're like getting hit by a pellet gun. Post some GoPros of you ice racing when you get to it. Nice job on the tires.

If you looking for a buddy I'm in
I'm getting my done this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Johnny Law bother you guys out on the lake? How does that work exactly?
I doubt that I'd be bothered. I sure hope not. This is just my lot bike, so no insurance, no plates.
What kind of speeds do ice racers get up to? Do you balance the wheels after studding, or it's not worthwhile as some studs get thrown and wreck the balance anyway? I made my wife a pair of winter running shoes the same way, but they don't look nearly as badass. The studs wore out really fast on the shoes, make sure you don't ride much on hard surfaces.
I'm not planning to fly around on the lake. Gonna be doing wheelies and what not, mostly slower stuff. Yes, we were able to balance the tires.

When those fly out they're like getting hit by a pellet gun. Post some GoPros of you ice racing when you get to it. Nice job on the tires.
They are in their pretty good. Self tapping studs.
If you looking for a buddy I'm in
I'm getting my done this week For sure bud. PM me your FB or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question, not exactly a snowmobile. I believe studs are illegal on Ontario roads.
I'm not gonna be riding regular roads with this bike, just lakes. It will be on the back of my pick up truck.
Also I'm planning to make another set with snowmobile tires, that way I can back roads with some decent snow on them.

I'm not gonna be riding regular roads with this bike, just lakes. It will be on the back of my pick up truck.
Also I'm planning to make another set with snowmobile tires, that way I can back roads with some decent snow on them.

snowmobile tires?

I read somewhere that putting some kind of adhesive on the studs before installation helps prevent them from working out. Could be bull, though. I'm sure you did your research beforehand. :)

snowmobile tires?

Mercier-front-track-motocycle.jpg

lol you trolls. Snowmobile stuuuuuuds

Do you want to buy some? I have hundreds, but they may be too long for your application. How much clearance do you have outside the tire before things start to hit?

Back
Top Bottom