beginner track courses | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

beginner track courses

Thanks, Supernam! That's the same sa on their website. I figured they wouldn't undercut themselves at a trade show but asked since ZX600 said deals are offered at there.

I'm about %90 ready to put my deposit down. Just need to figure out which weekend I can commit 3 full days to.
If anyone saw differently, please let us know as I am also trying to decide which days to go. I only looked at the price list and didn't actually talk to them.

Last edited:
I'd reccomend FAST. Did phase 1 two years ago and had an amazing time. Michel Mercier is a great teacher and funny guy, which takes some of the edge off. They provided everything (there are different rental options available) and when I was there they had new ZX6R, GSXR, R6, SV650, and Ninja 250R's, although the supersports were limited to 75% throttle.

Last edited:
Know some people who have done FAST, and I know people (myself included) who have done Racer5.
I suggest Racer5 -- their insurance costs are **MUCH** less if you bin one of their 125's.
Something to consider as well.

As for great teachers etc, the instructors I've had from Racer5 (up to stage 4) have been fantastic and knew when to be serious and when to joke around.

My deciding factor on which course I took (Racer5 vs. FAST) ultimately came down to pocket book restraints and travel time to the track (1.5 hours vs. 3 hours).

My deciding factor on which course I took (Racer5 vs. FAST) ultimately came down to pocket book restraints and travel time to the track (1.5 hours vs. 3 hours).

I'm more than likely going to have to camp close by since I'm kind of in the middle of both and not really convenient for day trips after a days worth of riding/training. It's 2:15hrs to Grand Bend and 2:45hrs to Shannonville.

Very positive reviews for both from everyone on here.

I'm more than likely going to have to camp close by since I'm kind of in the middle of both and not really convenient for day trips after a days worth of riding/training. It's 2:15hrs to Grand Bend and 2:45hrs to Shannonville.

Grand Bend has some nice little motels. It's a fun place to be in the summer.

Belleville is a small city with a decent water front, not a fun beach town like Grand Bend but not awful.

Get a group of friends and rent a cottage.

Last year, we had a group of 4 people and it was around $250 per person for 4 days including food and a lot of alcohol. We ended up with 5 people at the end of the 4 days (you will make friends lol).

Racer5 + the cottage was the best money I've ever spent.

油井緋色;2258705 said:
Get a group of friends and rent a cottage.

Last year, we had a group of 4 people and it was around $250 per person for 4 days including food and a lot of alcohol. We ended up with 5 people at the end of the 4 days (you will make friends lol).

Racer5 + the cottage was the best money I've ever spent.

I like to drink more than the average bear but that'll be a weekend full of mental clarity sans alcohol haha. I'll definitely be camping. With the $1000+tax fees plus cost of new gear, any accommodations savings will help.

Sheereen from Racer5 told me via email that the $50 per day fee for gear (suit, gloves, boots) can be credited towards the purchase of their race suits. Their Speedgear one piece suits can be purchased for $599 for students, minus the credit.

I'm debating between their 1 piece or getting a 2 piece elsewhere. I like the idea of being able to use the jacket on the street with a two piece. I'll only be doing 4-5 track days a year (no plans on racing) so it's tough deciding on spending almost a grand on another set of equipment (suit, gloves, boots) that I'll only be using 4-5 times a year. A two piece makes that purchase a bit easier.

Grand Bend has some nice little motels. It's a fun place to be in the summer.

Belleville is a small city with a decent water front, not a fun beach town like Grand Bend but not awful.

I'm indifferent about localities and have been to both towns. I'm going to learn the most and having the best package is more important. Travel time is forcing the over night stay.

Last edited:
You will learn a ton no matter what course you take, it's just worth noting that you aren't stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do at the end of the day.

If you don't already have a proper jacket a 2 piece is probably better but a one piece offers the best protection and for the 4-5 times you'll use it you may be better off finding a separate jacket. You can always sell the suit if you decide its not for you.

If anyone saw differently, please let us know as I am also trying to decide which days to go. I only looked at the price list and didn't actually talk to them.

Picked this flyer up from them at the show

And.. The photo won't attach sorry but it says stage 1 $389
Stage 2 $429
Stage 3 $429
Introductory package$999

Last edited:
Just put down my deposit for the May 29th-31st session with Racer5. BOOM!

Now I need to find a track suit, boots and gloves that won't break the bank haha.

What size are you? If you post that info you might get someone respond who has one sitting around collecting dust, they want to unload. Kijiji is also your friend. Not sure where you live but somewhere east of Toronto I can't remember has a used gear consignment store, you will find a bunch of ads for them on kijiji.

Just put down my deposit for the May 29th-31st session with Racer5. BOOM!
Now I need to find a track suit, boots and gloves that won't break the bank haha.

Could always rent for the day first too.
I know several people who thought they'd love riding track and ended up finding out it wasn't for them after all...

Depends on what you want to spend and your size but I know gp bikes has some one piece suits on for cheap and so did riders choice. There weren't a lot of sizes left but you might get lucky. Hope that helps

Who does more advanced track schooling? Something where you ride your own bike...

Racer5 (Stage 4 and up) and FAST.
Did the Stage 4 last summer and was making good progress until the skies opened up and killed the day around lunch time.
Went out in the wet once.. not so super.. no rain tires, just S20 hypersport tires.. no fun at all trying to go fast through standing puddles on the track (GB).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom