beginner track courses | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

beginner track courses

Racer5. Starting on 125s makes a lot more sense than on 600s.

I might be wrong, but i believe that with the changes in schedule, Racer5 no longer does endurance with us, at least i didn't see them on the final Endurance Races at SOAR.

Racer5 still does SOAR endurance programs and they are hugely popular.
What we started doing last year is only putting dates that historically have better weather on the schedule. All the other dates are on a demand basis. With the VIP trackdays, Dedicated Racer5 weekends at GBM and VIP weekends at CTMP we are able to provide a ton of riding opportunities for our students during the core May-September riding months.

The Stage 1-3 is an advanced riding program which upon successful completion will provide you with a certificate which can be submitted to a sanctioning body for licensing. The option to get into racing is still there but students have a choice after the course weather they want to get into racing through our race programs or get into trackdays with our trackday schedule.

I think both schools presented are fantastic and as a student the best thing you can do is to familiarize yourself with what each program offers and what would best be suited to you.

With Racer5 there isn't an option to rent any bikes bigger than a 125 when you start. Once you meet the prerequisites you can graduate up to our 250s, national spec 600s, and full blown Superbikes, with a dedicated level of instruction each step of the way.
If starting on a 600 is paramount then that option wouldn't be there.

Racer5 offers a graduated program with each level dedicated to learning the type of bike that is used. This way when students move up to larger bikes they have mastered key skills before adding extra power/cost to the equation. Having courses specific to types of bikes also ensures that students will be on the exact same equipment and the only variable is their skill.

After students have graduated from stage 3 they can choose if they want to rent or purchase our equipment to do our trackdays, or start racing through our race programs.
The ethos of the Racer5 program is to give you instruction dedicated to the skill level you are at, equipment tailored for your skill level, plenty of tracktime to practice, and opputunities after the course to continue practicing with our guidance and instruction each step of the way, all at very affordable prices for what is provided.

I can't comment as detailed on Fast but I'm sure it's a brilliant program as well.
The best thing you can do is call or email each outfit and ask as many questions as you can possibly think of, then figure out which one better suits your needs.

As many have said you won't go wrong with either one and doing a track school will be the single best investment you can possibly make in your riding. ;)

Last edited:
With Racer5 there isn't an option to rent any bikes bigger than a 125 when you start. Once you meet the prerequisites you can graduate up to our 250s, national spec 600s, and full blown Superbikes, with a dedicated level of instruction each step of the way.

That is exactly how it should be done. I would not want to be on track with a naive rider on a 600. No way.

That is exactly how it should be done. I would not want to be on track with a naive rider on a 600. No way.

They're restricted. I was out there with guys that had one day of track experience and not once was there an issue with me passing in the appropriate sections. The theory was well taught and the instructors did a great job.

You can't go wrong choosing either school.

what about these guys www.sharprider.com it's a lee parks total control advanced riding clinic...held at the Hershey centre in Mississauga...$375 for level 1 and you need to bring your own bike...not sure if this is what the OP is looking for or not...

I'm doing the same this spring. I have plenty of track experience in a car but not on the bike.. I'll gladly pay for lessons

what about these guys www.sharprider.com it's a lee parks total control advanced riding clinic...held at the Hershey centre in Mississauga...$375 for level 1 and you need to bring your own bike...not sure if this is what the OP is looking for or not...

There's a racetrack called the hurshey center?

Hey gents, I've been riding for a few years now and was interested in taking a beginners track course. I was looking for something that provided the bike as well as a suit.

Just leave that riiiight there^^

it's not a race track...it's a school run by lee parks and they use the parking lot there...depends what the OP is looking for..

I took level 1 this year...had fun for sure!

I wanna take racer 5 next year...see wht the gupshup is all about!

Hey gents, I've been riding for a few years now and was interested in taking a beginners track course. I was looking for something that provided the bike as well as a suit.

Just leave that riiiight there^^

He also said he wanted to learn to lean and manoeuvre correctly. He also might not have been aware that there are other courses more oriented towards street riding skills than oriented towards riding faster.

I'd look for the ones most concerned about track safety.

After seeing some of the discussions on tracks or groups removing or not repairing safety equipment, and riders trying to bypass or ignore safety checks, I'd lean that way.

You want to have fun, without overly risking your life and limb.

Hey gents, I just wanted to say thanks so much for all the replies. Everyone was very informative and some people really went into a lot of detail. It looks like I'm going to pursue racer5, I like the idea of really learning the technique on a smaller bike and that would definitely make me feel more comfortable. I really appreciate the help and information!

Happy holidays everyone!

What was the price they were offering at the bike show for the 3 day intro school?
I do not know - Contact Fawaz from Racer5

Thanks, Supernam! That's the same sa on their website. I figured they wouldn't undercut themselves at a trade show but asked since ZX600 said deals are offered at there.

I'm about %90 ready to put my deposit down. Just need to figure out which weekend I can commit 3 full days to.

Back
Top Bottom