buying a motorcycle at a show | GTAMotorcycle.com

buying a motorcycle at a show

socially distorted

Was wondering if anyone here has ever bought a USED motorcycle at one of the winter bike shows, and which show is the best for those kind of purchases. I'm going to assume that a test ride is impossible? Is it too risky, or does the possible savings offset that risk? Would I be buying a bike only to have the warranty [assuming a dealer would have a 30 day or so used bike warranty]expire before even had the chance to ride it? Or should someone only buy a brand new bike at a show? Thanks for your opinions.

Buy a bike at a place like GP Bikes instead, that has a 5,000km or 10,000km (I forget)/6mo warranty. They replaced my stator, R/R and my water pump. Bike wasn't over priced either. Usually dealerships mark them up quite a bit, but it was November and I went in to buy oil and came out with a new (to me) bike lol. I had the issues in April-May. They have some decent deals on some of the used bikes currently.

most places won't let you test ride anyhow. honestly you need someone with you that can visually check the bike out and look for the issues.

I'd buy from a show because they're there only for htat weekend, and closing a deal needs to be on the spot. They got excitement on their side so they don't want to lose that. They'll deal.

Usually over priced at the show since it costs the seller money to put it for sale there. They mark them up yo make up for it

Back
Top Bottom