could be another Ferguson Missouri ? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

could be another Ferguson Missouri ?

The person in the park that made the call to 911 told the operator twice that the gun was likely a fake and that the perpetrator was a juvenile. This info was not passed on to the police. The cruiser pulling up so close to the boy was a stupid move. IF that is part of their training, that is stupid. Doing that gives them no time to assess the situation. It's like they predetermined the outcome.

84e059532582697547f161e7d603f633.jpg

Last edited:
Was the kid walking around threatening people or did people see him playing with his toy gun and feel threatened? I don't know did they say? I had just read that he was waiving it around which could be as simple as any child playing with a toy gun would act. They sell toy guns in stores they are intended for kids to play with but Police are not supposed to assume it could be a toy? What a dangerous situation to set up. At least give the kid a chance to notify you that its a toy. When I watch the video I saw an ambush I didn't see any chance for the kid other than being shot. Shoot first ask questions later I guess. Hey even the 911 caller said it may be a fake gun but hey just in case roll up and shoot him before you have a chance to figure that out.

Policing has changed. Police used to be out interacting with community and treat people like humans not the enemy. Now most police in the states skulk in their cars surveilling and not interacting. The connection is lost.

Could you image how many police shootings would occur if the NRA got their way and everyone had a gun. Geez the police would have reason to shoot anyone they interact with if they ever perceive the hint of a threat.

Did you not play with toy guns or cops and robbers in parks? I know I did as a kid.

you make some good points , and yes policing has changed , because the people they encounter have changed. Shooters in gangs are 12-15yr old boys. They shoot people and they shoot at the police. Taunting the police in cars and on bikes didn't happen so much 20 yrs ago.
We played cowboys and army with toy guns and shot potato canons in the park. But street gangs and armed robbery were unheard of where I grew up, There were 3rd generation deadbeats , but they weren't armed.
The police roll right up on situations so the suspect doesn't sprint into a store or backyard and create a hostage situation or put innocents between themselves and the police. Actually less escalation of the situation .
If you live in any community in North America these days and you would leave the house with anything that looks like a firearm your not too bright.

Unless we really do not understand the culture of those communities. It seems these days the cops want to ramp everything up into a showdown on the idea that they're under threat with no way out.

you make some good points , and yes policing has changed , because the people they encounter have changed. Shooters in gangs are 12-15yr old boys. They shoot people and they shoot at the police. Taunting the police in cars and on bikes didn't happen so much 20 yrs ago.
We played cowboys and army with toy guns and shot potato canons in the park. But street gangs and armed robbery were unheard of where I grew up, There were 3rd generation deadbeats , but they weren't armed.
The police roll right up on situations so the suspect doesn't sprint into a store or backyard and create a hostage situation or put innocents between themselves and the police. Actually less escalation of the situation .
If you live in any community in North America these days and you would leave the house with anything that looks like a firearm your not too bright.

I'm willing to admit I may not understand or appreciate the new reality. Is every place a war zone now? A lot of the police brutality videos come out of seemingly good neighbourhoods with decent people. Dunno.

i think the problem with back then is that parents had common sense back when i was a kid.

if a parent saw a bunch of kids running around with guns, you knew they were playing.

of course, my parents never let me roam around by myself in a park. and lets not fool ourselves, theres lots of toy guns out there that dont look as realistic as that kids.. I think the kids intent was for people to believe it was real.

dont blame the toymaker or the cops.
dont blame the citizen that called 911, they were trying to be good.

blame the parents. would you allow your 12 year old child to walk around with that gun alone in a park ?

blame the parents. would you allow your 12 year old child to walk around with that gun alone in a park?

Problem is in a lot of these areas especially low income ones the parents are either crackheads or they're working long hours and multiple jobs to earn an honest living. They're simply not around...

The state provides no infrastructure for these at risk kids or any programs to keep them busy. When I was kid it was always swimming lesson, skating lessons, scouts, hockey, soccer or the book club at the library keeping me busy and limiting the trouble I got into. These poor bastards have nothing to keep them occupied other than hood rat ****.

[video=youtube_share;qcqOgnQyXp4]http://youtu.be/qcqOgnQyXp4[/video]

at 12 your in grade 7-8? if you cant go to the park when your in grade 8 you either live in a very dangerous area or your to stupid to be left alone. If you take a very realistic gun you want to be noticed and be cool. Regrettably junior got noticed by a citizen who informed the police.
I don't blame the parents, in grade 8 you should be able to come home from school and wait an hour or so till your folks get home from work, latch key kids are not all idiots, sadly this kid missed the note to watch Gilligan's Island reruns and microwave a burrito.

at 12 your in grade 7-8? if you cant go to the park when your in grade 8 you either live in a very dangerous area or your to stupid to be left alone. If you take a very realistic gun you want to be noticed and be cool. Regrettably junior got noticed by a citizen who informed the police.
I don't blame the parents, in grade 8 you should be able to come home from school and wait an hour or so till your folks get home from work, latch key kids are not all idiots, sadly this kid missed the note to watch Gilligan's Island reruns and microwave a burrito.

while i fully agree with what you said, i thought 12 yr olds were grade 6 and sometimes 7... Yes grade 8 kids should be responsible.

and area has to do alot with this as well. I have no problems letting my 12 yr old run around a park where i live.

But i dont live in cleveland. I wouldnt let my wife walk around alone in cleveland.

When a cop points a gun at you, how is not your first reaction to put your hands in the air no matter what age you are. Seems these days people are trying to intentionally push cops into reacting by not complying with their orders. This isnt rocket science, when a cop is giving you commands, stfu and comply.

lol...you're funny. They ran up on a ****ing KID, not some crazed crackhead. The pig's job is not to go into a situation guns blazing, especially not these patrol *******. This isn't ****ing Iraq where you just shoot anyone carrying anything other than a stick and not give two ****s.

yea, 50ft would be good...who cares if they're out of range, they can still yell and they're not supposed to be instigating a gunfight anyways, if it comes down to it that's what they're trained for. It's two grown trained men vs a kid and it would quickly be apparent his gun isn't real. Even if it is, that's what they signed up for. It's similar to the risk we take of cagers running us over...I wish I could chase down and beat the **** out of everyone who almost killed me and not get arrested for it.

They have no offence or defence?? They have a ****ing car which they could use for cover or to drive up and close in. When a rider gets hits it's a 2 ton weapon, when it comes to using it as cover or an actual weapon you guys call them defenceless and say its ****ing Hollywood...

You must be a cop or a real dick rider...like the guys here talking **** to me for stepping up and stopping an *** whooping of a defenceless poor bastard with a shovel and plumbing pipe.
Really? Pigs? F***ing this and f***ing that? :rolleyes:
From the several articles I've read, the police who arrived at the scene were not told that the gun was probably a replica, so they operated on the assumption that it was real and it was a threat. The orange cap on the end of the barrel had been removed, so to all appearances it was an actual working firearm. Perhaps you're privy to information the rest of us are not. And 12 or 22, a gun is a dangerous thing. There have been enough well publicized cases of children shooting people to take it seriously.
You see the lethality of a car striking a motorcycle as proof it provides protection from gun shots? I don't see it myself but by all means, crouch down behind a car door and have a friend fire a .45 at you from 50 feet. I'd be interested in the results.
I'm not a cop, nor do I have any connection to police. I'm quite possibly a dick but that's for others to decide. Not sure how my opinion of a news story equates to being a "dick rider" but no doubt you have some sound logic behind that.
I wasn't there, so just like everyone else here, yourself included, it's largely conjecture based on second and third hand reports. It's very sad that the boy died, it's possible it could have unfolded differently, and it's almost certain nobody feels worse than the cop who shot him. But I can also see, as tragic as the whole thing is, why it happened the way it did.

I have a 12 year old son in grade 7. He put down a pellet gun on his Christmas list and I told him it was highly unlikely that would happen. We live in Brampton and I don't have a yard big enough to really do any target practice. So he asked for an air soft gun and I asked him what he thought he would do with that. He told me that he wanted one so him and his friend could go to the park and play together. I explained that would never happen because his mother and I do not want to get a phone call from the police telling us that they shot our son. Luckily he is a very mature kid (because he's never been babied) and he understood.

I have a 12 year old son in grade 7. He put down a pellet gun on his Christmas list and I told him it was highly unlikely that would happen. We live in Brampton and I don't have a yard big enough to really do any target practice. So he asked for an air soft gun and I asked him what he thought he would do with that. He told me that he wanted one so him and his friend could go to the park and play together. I explained that would never happen because his mother and I do not want to get a phone call from the police telling us that they shot our son. Luckily he is a very mature kid (because he's never been babied) and he understood.

Here is an opportunity , could you put a target range in the basement for air soft? Box pellet trap and a 20-30ft straight run? Guns go into a locked toolbox when done playing and you keep the key? He could learn gun handling (sort of) , be safe and over here our basement range at 35ft is pretty fun for competitions firing air soft. Hang a moving blanket and put a pellet trap target box in front $25.00, and wait for CTC to have guns on sale.

Most fun is finding out the single handed shots on TV , from a moving car, in the rain, might be faked......

Here is an opportunity , could you put a target range in the basement for air soft? Box pellet trap and a 20-30ft straight run? Guns go into a locked toolbox when done playing and you keep the key? He could learn gun handling (sort of) , be safe and over here our basement range at 35ft is pretty fun for competitions firing air soft. Hang a moving blanket and put a pellet trap target box in front $25.00, and wait for CTC to have guns on sale.

Most fun is finding out the single handed shots on TV , from a moving car, in the rain, might be faked......

Oh I wish. I've thought about it along side the house (end unit townhouse), but the sidewalk is really busy and I won't take the risk. We've shot guns at a friends a few times and we trust him enough to play with the .22 target shooting with minimal supervision.

Someone mentioned the orange tip of the toy gun was removed....What happens when the bangers start painting orange tips on real guns?????

Someone mentioned the orange tip of the toy gun was removed....What happens when the bangers start painting orange tips on real guns?????

That would require some brains and foresight. We're really in trouble once terrorists figure out how to get bombs to explode, the failure rate of domestic IED's is ridiculous.

I've been trying to find a blank gun for a project I am working on and most look like a snub nosed revolver. I want a bright orange gun damnit (or even better, something that isn't gun shaped). I have no interest in getting shot at work because everything that ignites powder needs to be black.

I made my throw a toy gun in the garbage because he took the orange tip off.

gangs should switch to less deadly weapons, like tasers and paintballs..lol

imagine a drive by tasering. wires and electrodes everywhere !

gang members hit by paint cant play anymore....lol

How about letting your kid out of the house with a banana? Maybe every pointy fruit and vegetable should have a red tip.

http://abc7news.com/news/man-arrest...ested-after-aiming-banana-at-deputies/411931/

The US population should put their hands up every time they see a cop as a sign of protest. However knowing cops attitude they would get a boner and feel great about themselves.
Perhaps the issue isn't American, Canadian or anywhere else. Maybe, just maybe it's the aiming anything at the police. Call me nuts but I was raised with the thought that you're clearly an idiot for doing anything like that towards a cop.

homer-pythagoras.png

Back
Top Bottom