Sportbike dolly - paddock lift | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sportbike dolly - paddock lift

MPS

I wanted to post a review of the Chinese paddock stands purchased from kijiji: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1007086475
they are really an exact replica of Bursig stands, but lighter and have removable legs. The assembly is very straight forward, and aside from having to mildly modify one washer - was completely seamless. I have previously owned MotoMFG stands, and I can honestly say that these aren't any worst quality, but the reduced weight (29 lbs vs 38lbs MotoMFG) is a definite plus. And the price being less than half of Bursig or MotoMFG it seems like it's worth it.

Anyways, here are some picture of the assembled stand.

The Squids for Kids Honda Fireblade has been using one of these for 2 seasons- flawless. We chose it because the bike has no factory spool mounts, and the GP style banana swingarm that has different height arms on the right and left side of the wheel make it difficult to get a stand to work on the bike. Then adding the required sharkfin to the swingarm further added to this problem. This stand solved all of those issues....and make the bike very easy to slide around the garage.
My only gripe is that the oil in the shock that cushions the lowering process becomes mega thick in the winter, making it slow to drop the stand down to loading height without the weight of the bike on it.

u can just remove the damper

The Squids for Kids Honda Fireblade has been using one of these for 2 seasons- flawless. We chose it because the bike has no factory spool mounts, and the GP style banana swingarm that has different height arms on the right and left side of the wheel make it difficult to get a stand to work on the bike. Then adding the required sharkfin to the swingarm further added to this problem. This stand solved all of those issues....and make the bike very easy to slide around the garage.
My only gripe is that the oil in the shock that cushions the lowering process becomes mega thick in the winter, making it slow to drop the stand down to loading height without the weight of the bike on it.

Back
Top Bottom