Canadian Black Friday sales - meh | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Black Friday sales - meh

Its not like the Seagate drive is going to explode. They just don't seem to have the same reliability as WD.

I have had Seagate's in the past and they have all failed. However, most lasted around 5 years and was able to transfer the data off of them before they completely failed.

Meanwhile I replaced each failed Seagate with a WD and now I have full WD setup with the oldest drive being around 7 years old and still going strong.

You really don't know when a drive can/will go but WD has a proven track record as the more reliable manufacturer.

My cousin has hit the nail on the head:
[video=youtube_share;o6AdwuiTt60]http://youtu.be/o6AdwuiTt60[/video]

I bought on Black Friday some windshield washer fluid........10 jugs of Rain-X -40C stuff for 50cents each, LOL

Last edited:

Its not like the Seagate drive is going to explode. They just don't seem to have the same reliability as WD.

I have had Seagate's in the past and they have all failed. However, most lasted around 5 years and was able to transfer the data off of them before they completely failed.

Meanwhile I replaced each failed Seagate with a WD and now I have full WD setup with the oldest drive being around 7 years old and still going strong.

You really don't know when a drive can/will go but WD has a proven track record as the more reliable manufacturer.

Thanks guys. I went back and exchanged it for a WD. Ended up getting a better deal on a WD than the Seagate. Win Win!

My cousin has hit the nail on the head:

[video=youtube_share;o6AdwuiTt60]http://youtu.be/o6AdwuiTt60[/video]

I bought on Black Friday some windshield washer fluid........10 jugs of Rain-X -40C stuff for 50cents each, LOL

That's a good deal. Those are like 4 bucks regularly. I'm happy getting regular washer fluid for $1-$1.25

I refuse to go to a physical store on Black Friday/Boxing Day, but I'm all for online shopping. You just need to know what you're looking for and what a good price is for that item.

I bought an Asus Chromebox to use as a Linux server/XBMC device, $154 after tax and free shipping from Newegg. Not spectacular but cheaper than I've seen it before.

Back
Top Bottom