Canadian Black Friday sales - meh | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Black Friday sales - meh

I might normally agree with you, but the Nest almost never goes on sale. For that particular item, that's an amazing sale.

A single apostrophe indicates feet. You had indicated that a 40 foot TV was only $200. That IS massive.

Its too bad common sense would indicate that you cannot buy a 40 foot TV and that auto correct on phones is a *****....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

http://blackfriday.redflagdeals.com/

I work in retail and we generally lose money on Black Friday/Boxing Day.

and this is why retail is such an ugly business, must retain market share, keep selling TV's at a loss incase they go somewhere else and get good service. Must keep customers. I get the concept of loss leader product to keep foot traffic, but doing the books at the end of the day to figure you worked all week to give it back on Friday is a baffle.

I think we've all grown tired of the big discount on XYZ item, when the merchant has 1 in stock and then tried to get you to buy a similar product at a moderate discount that can be found on a weekly flyer.

Where are the deals that are just too good to pass up?

The discounts are pretty much the same no matter where you shop. A lot has to do with the suppliers margins are lower as well.

I've been keeping an eye on appliances and electronics and haven't seen anything better than the weekly flyer.

What you will find is a discontinued product, or a specification change is coming and they can spend months clearing the product or blow it out in a black Friday promo. Its a pretty common flyer thing, go to a big box like Lowes or Depot, a national is best and offer them a flyer deal if they take the 3,000 units you have left, they put a skid in each store and boom its gone.

The society where people line up in their free time and cold weather, just to get a deal, a "big" deal worth 50 bucks off ... LOL

Now, I did buy, ODBII reader the other day on 50% off sale. The price was finally OK considering it's Canada ... took me 5 minutes from walking in to walking out. But stuff like this will not happen on Black Friday ... LOL

The only thing im looking for is a good deal on a micro 4/3 camera...so far no luck :(

Olympus refurb store. It's in the savings section of the Olympus canada website. Check it often as it gets updated frequently. The refurbs are just as good as new and my camera was well over half price.

People buying **** they don't need with money they don't have

But i must say i do enjoy the videos that come out afterwards with people acting like complete idiots to save 2 dollars.

Have you ever seen a sale in Canada worth lining up for? Only time I have was when it was a pricing error and they were selling something at like 10% of what it was supposed to cost.

The Consumer they call us
We're the people that buy
Well everyone else is out to sell some kind of merchandise
We run to the boss and tell 'em we need a bit more gold
Some tax deductions later and we still wind up in the hole

Oh yes we are the people running in the race
Buying up the bargains in the ol' marketplace
Another sale on something, we'll buy it while it's hot
Save a lot of money spending money we don't got
We Save a lot of money spending money we don't got

We always get a fair shake
We buy a fridge that doesn't freeze and a stove that doesn't bake
We can't buy nothing lasting unless we get that raise in pay
And they'd only charge us more for the things that cost less today

We're fussy what we eat
We look at the price of t-bone steak and buy hamburg meat
And all those fancy packages we take down from the shelf
They're always full of good fresh air when they're full of nothing else

When the man comes in the door
To give us a deal on a vacuum when we buy a rug for the floor
And how do we pay the finance when the monthly bills arrive
They just send down the bailiff to reposes the car we drive

The consumer is what they call us, we're always deep in debt
From buying drawers in Discount stores to fixin' the tv set
We go to the bank for the money and sign for another loan
And hope the lord doesn't see us stop in the tavern halfway home

Contour is putting the Roam2 up for $119 nov 28th - dec 1st if anyones looking. Just got the email today

Any deals on sport touring tires? Us or can that people have seen?

Oh man...i just had a look through a few of the RFD Black Friday flyers.
FS/BB are so full of ****.
I swear they just randomly print the name of each item they are putting on sale onto floating balls, drop them in a pool with manatees, and let them decide which items are going to be called 'DOORCRASHERS".

Have you ever seen a sale in Canada worth lining up for? Only time I have was when it was a pricing error and they were selling something at like 10% of what it was supposed to cost.
I actually did boxing day last year for the first time in.....well, probably ever. Picked up a winter jacket for 50% off at sporting life and a pair of floor standing speakers for like 60% off at future shop (though admittedly the list price for those is retarded and I think anyone who actually bought them at full price is a moron). So yeah, it's possible to find good deals sometimes.

I'll share a story with you fine people that i've probably told on here 100 times.

When i was in high school i worked at a suit place downtown toronto. Before boxing day my boss put up giant 50% off signs everywhere and put 50% off on all the suits along with new price tags. Here's the funny part, not one thing went on sale, he doubled the original price and then put 50% off.

On boxing day the store was packed, people were basically fighting for these suits. No one questioned the price tags and everyone thought they were getting a killer deal. They ate it up :lmao:

A single apostrophe indicates feet. You had indicated that a 40 foot TV was only $200. That IS massive.
I don't know why but I lol'd

I actually did boxing day last year for the first time in.....well, probably ever. Picked up a winter jacket for 50% off at sporting life and a pair of floor standing speakers for like 60% off at future shop (though admittedly the list price for those is retarded and I think anyone who actually bought them at full price is a moron). So yeah, it's possible to find good deals sometimes.

50-60% off of an inflated MSRP si not necessarily a good sale ... you barely getting into the territory of a fair price. The real deal worth lining up for is way up the ladder.

I never go to Boxing Day sales or BF sales...basically a few times I went for fun and found that clothing was marked down 50-70% off!!! However, I just peeled off the discounted sticker price and the regular price was the same!

if I need or really want something then I research it before the time and basically keep track of the price to see if it's actually a deal or not...

I'll share a story with you fine people that i've probably told on here 100 times.

When i was in high school i worked at a suit place downtown toronto. Before boxing day my boss put up giant 50% off signs everywhere and put 50% off on all the suits along with new price tags. Here's the funny part, not one thing went on sale, he doubled the original price and then put 50% off.

On boxing day the store was packed, people were basically fighting for these suits. No one questioned the price tags and everyone thought they were getting a killer deal. They ate it up :lmao:

It is even easier to do that online! Prices go up and down at will, just with a few clicks of a mouse, and the shop doesn't have to tag or re-tag anything!

For example, I ordered a few things last weekend online... I have been tracking these items for a while, and the discount was very good last weekend.

The very next day, on Monday, I looked again, and all the prices that were on "sale" in the website went UP... still on "sale" but more expensive. So, prices may come down again tomorrow Friday, but probably it will be exactly the same deal from last week... with the big difference that tomorrow there will be no sizes or colors left...

EDIT: OK, to be fair... not all the websites are like that... I just went to check the other website that I used on the weekend (http://www.disneystore.com) and the same items that I ordered on Saturday are cheaper today!

Item is Reg: $39.95
Last weekend I paid $25.00
Today with Black Friday sale is: $20

Go and spend your money...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom