Longer than 6 days, can I still register my used' bike at Service Ontario? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Longer than 6 days, can I still register my used' bike at Service Ontario?

theraymondguy

Life gets in the way sometimes.

I bought a bike in September, and have been on and off sick since. I have the UVIP from the seller, unfortunately it's quite a drive to meet up with him to have him sign another.

What kind of heartache can I expect at Service Canada?

you have the signed ownership and the UVIP...just go in and do the transfer now.

And that's exactly what happened. The lady at the counter said, 'no problem' and put it through right away.

Greatfully it's registered in my name, sadly it's as unfit - needs some work for safety. Apparently they won't provide a temp plate once a vehicle is registered as unfit? Not a big deal, I'll just load it up in my van next spring.

Not a big deal either. I've done it in the past when I wanted the vehicle transferred and worked on before streeting it. Just get your safety cert when you're ready. Only means 2 trips to MTO instead of 1.

Not a big deal either. I've done it in the past when I wanted the vehicle transferred and worked on before streeting it. Just get your safety cert when you're ready. Only means 2 trips to MTO instead of 1.

Same here! My first bike in Canada was unfit (it came as "some assembly required" project).
When everything was ready, I had to go back to the MTO a second time.
Sometimes that's the way it goes.

Last year I switch a bike over to my name with a 10 year old bill of sale.
Not only did I not have an issue.....they taxed me at the old percentage.

sadly it's as unfit - needs some work for safety. Apparently they won't provide a temp plate once a vehicle is registered as unfit? Not a big deal, I'll just load it up in my van next spring.
You can only get a temp plate/sticker upon the transfer because at that time the ownership says "fit."

Service Canada may be OK but don't drop by the local cop shop and ask them for clarifications. A friend did it and got a ticket for failing to report a transfer on time. He was given a beater cage and took a few weeks to see if it was worth fixing up. He didn't want to pay the tax / fees if it was going to the wreckers.

Back
Top Bottom