Painting a full bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Painting a full bike

mangod00

I am not good at tools...ergo, I do not want to tackle removing all the fairings and tank etc. Is there a shop that I could just drop my bike by and let them do it all...Paint and put it all back nice:p. Who would you recommend around the GTA? I have no problem with paying for quality work. I want to make my baby all pretty again...

its really not all that hard to rip off the plastics.
i think ive heard there are a couple painters on this forum, someone else should chime in.

Some bikes are easier than other to remove plastics. After removing all the parts off my 2011 zx10 to convert it to track I can say that I would never be able to put it back to street trim.

Find a video or a forum for you bike and someone will have instructions on how to do it. Most are pretty straight forward but some have surprises like the gas tank side covers on the vstrom .

Contact cheekebandito in this forum. Less does some quality work and he is in Barrie. I do however think he doesn't do work over the winter.

Ken ( kneedragger88 ) also does painting, he is in the east end.

There is also Carboncat in Niagara but I think he closed shop and is now in a cruise with his boyfriend.

Get it wrapped, then when you sell it the new owner can remove the wrap if they don't like the new color. Check out "Street dream auto sports". Wrap looks great and is way cheaper then getting the bike painted. Most parts won't need to be removed either.

Contact cheekebandito in this forum. Less does some quality work and he is in Barrie. I do however think he doesn't do work over the winter.

There is also Carboncat in Niagara but I think he closed shop and is now in a cruise with his boyfriend.

There should be a like button on this forum. That's damn funny

There should be a like button on this forum. That's damn funny

Just for you sir.....

images

LOL

Get it wrapped, then when you sell it the new owner can remove the wrap if they don't like the new color. Check out "Street dream auto sports". Wrap looks great and is way cheaper then getting the bike painted. Most parts won't need to be removed either.

Worst idea ever. The two are not comparable in any way shape or form. (I previously wrapped my bike).
Also, vinyl wrap is a PITA to put on, and it scratches quite easily, rendering the whole thing useless. It's not like you can buff out scuffs either.

OP, what kind of bike? Usually all you need is an Allen/Hex key to take off those bolts.

Back
Top Bottom