Ontario Gov "reducing" insurance rates | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario Gov "reducing" insurance rates

that's what im getting now for 2 broken bones in my hand
i should be out of MIG but insurance is refusing it welcome to desjardins insurance
got a good rate but now getting the fack around
and i have a lawyer working on it

Your tort case should be at least in 6 figures. Sad I actually know people who stage accidents. Guess what city.

I know someone who works for an insurance company and the waste and incompetence that I hear of is incredible. They could cut their staff by 20% if they didn't have so many incompetent slackers. Why should they? They just went to the government and said "Look at our books. We aren't making any money," and they got increases. Guess what? They don't want to roll back the system.

A buddy in Nova Scotia pays a fraction of what he paid here.

Why don't the insurance adjusters go after the fraud cases? Why should they if they can plead poor and get increases?

Why don't the police go after the fraud cases? Because the politicians use them as cash grabbers instead. The politicians get the cash and the drivers / riders get increased insurance rates because of policing for profit.

Tough luck about flood claims in Alberta. I'm insuring my bike not the house you built on a riverbank. You get your stuff covered and I'll get mine. If you want to use that mentality then send your whole paycheck to the government so they can make sure everyone covers everyone else's risks.

How about some serious driver training? How about enforcing some of the other laws that are on the books, not just speeding, the cash cow.

I'm looking at two options:

1) Insure my bike for one month, ride the crap out of it and then park for a year and then go canoeing.

2) Buy a bike for the USA and leave it in Buffalo at a friend's place. The riding is better anyway.

Theres precedent set for the $3500 cap to be broken as well.

Source: http://www.thestar.com/business/per..._ontarios_3500_insurance_treatment_limit.html

The $3,500 cap was designed to stop unscrupulous rehabilitation providers from making you come back for more and more treatments.
And while you could opt to pay higher premiums to boost your benefits beyond $50,000, you were stuck with the $3,500 minor injury limit — whether you wanted to pay more or not. quoting from the Star.

So why not licence the rehab places and weed out the frauds?

Why does the innocent victim have to suffer because the government is too incompetent to run the frauds out of town?

BTW I was offered fake insurance receipts from one of these con artists in lieu of paying for a repair to his cottage. I declined the job thank you very much.

So why not licence the rehab places and weed out the frauds?

Why does the innocent victim have to suffer because the government is too incompetent to run the frauds out of town?

Oh I agree. It seems like they are trying to avoid doing just that, because that would cost time and money.

On a separate note; has anyone read and/or understood what the new definition of a "minor injury" is?

Who are we kidding here. Insurance companies ar making huge profits. If they weren't they wouldn't be in business. Insurance companies are crying because they may not make as much profit as they did the year before. But they are still making huge profits. I've said it numerous times , bring in Provincially mandated insurance like they have in other Provinces. Insurance companies are the first ones to fight it at the same time they are complaining about their profits.

http://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/n...U&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CU-EN12082014

Even if you lose a limb due to an auto-collision in this province, insurance will put you under the 'Minor Injury' category and give you max. $3500.

$3500 for a broken arm? Don't think so

that's what im getting now for 2 broken bones in my hand

Am I the only one that thinks "lose a limb" is more than a broken arm or 2 broken bones in a hand?

I'm surprised you'd even get $3500 for a broken hand, to be honest.

If insurance is not paying properly for treatment can't you just walk into an ER and say your hand is f'd and OHIP will help you out? I know technically for car crashes your insurance is supposed to pay but when I crashed my bike I just went to an ER later that night, told them what happened, and saw a doctor. Later, when it was still bothering me, I went to a walk in. Insurance was never involved.

Seriously curious as I've never had to deal with a serious medical problem through insurance or otherwise.

Please keep in mind the auto coverage is only secondary to any coverage you may have through work, unless your work coverage is exhausted, auto coverage will never kick in, a broken arm, I'm pretty sure you'll get nothing from an insurance company, unless you don't have coverage through work.

Please keep in mind the auto coverage is only secondary to any coverage you may have through work, unless your work coverage is exhausted, auto coverage will never kick in, a broken arm, I'm pretty sure you'll get nothing from an insurance company, unless you don't have coverage through work.

The troubling part with this situation is that motor-vehicle income replacement benefits are tax exempt while work disability insurance is a taxable benefit; in the end you will have to pay back some of your work benefits in taxes.

The troubling part with this situation is that motor-vehicle income replacement benefits are tax exempt while work disability insurance is a taxable benefit; in the end you will have to pay back some of your work benefits in taxes.

Yes, Income Replacement Benefit through car insurance is tax exempt.
For those people that don’t have coverage through work be very careful as the standard coverage will only cover you up to $400/weekly, you do have the choice to increase it to $600, $800 or $1000.

Back
Top Bottom