Computer parts in US | GTAMotorcycle.com

Computer parts in US

RockerGuy

Banned
Site Supporter
Anybody know of any computer parts store close to the border?
Looking to build a new PC and want to pick up some parts.

Thanks

I'm not going to give you a direct answer, rather, use:

http://pcpartpicker.com/ to find the parts you need and the best price in USA and either ship to CBI or if there is a local to Buffalo/Niagara Falls option, go pick it up.

Or try http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/ to see if you are better off getting said part in Canada.

Be forewarned you generally lose warranty support once you bring it into Canada.
I almost save $50 on a part. Almost worth the gamble

Just deal with the big name e-tailers like CC/NE/NCIX, even TD at times.. You won't be saving much (if anything) over their loss-leaders by buying in the US and they usually have everything you need to build a nice system. The only things that may pay off to buy south of the border would possibly be a CPU and higher end video cards and even then, when you factor in the exchange rate, might not be worth your while.

Just deal with the big name e-tailers like CC/NE/NCIX, even TD at times.. You won't be saving much (if anything) over their loss-leaders by buying in the US and they usually have everything you need to build a nice system. The only things that may pay off to buy south of the border would possibly be a CPU and higher end video cards and even then, when you factor in the exchange rate, might not be worth your while.
Last time I looked in summer, for a part that cost $150 here, it costs $100 there. This was on newegg US.

Newegg Canada had a significant difference in price even though its the same damn Co.

Factor in all the parts needed to build a system & that's significant savings.

Just ridiculous!

I'll be keeping my eyes out on Black Friday. Let me know if there's anything

Still cheaper. I'm buying $1,000 in parts

What about your time?
That has to be worth some too.

I just go to FutureShop.ca or Dell.ca and ask "what's on sale?" I wish I had time to build my own system to save some $$$... but I don't, much less have time to drive to the USA to pick up the parts...

With the way the pricing is nowadays and the currency exchange it might not be worth going to US. If you don't value time then go for it.

See if you can get any crazy deals in US or Canada

What about your time?
That has to be worth some too.

I just go to FutureShop.ca or Dell.ca and ask "what's on sale?" I wish I had time to build my own system to save some $$$... but I don't, much less have time to drive to the USA to pick up the parts...

Do you actually save money on building your own unit vs buying a pre-made run of the mill one? Just curious as I've never even contemplated building my own computer.

Do you actually save money on building your own unit vs buying a pre-made run of the mill one? Just curious as I've never even contemplated building my own computer.

For most people, no. It's generally cheaper to buy something off-the-shelf. It starts to pay off more if you're building something fancier for games or as a hefty workstation.

Depends... A lot of times a package deal will cost less than it would cost to buy the components, but....

A) In my case, I was able to build a very powerful machine in terms of processing power, quiet cooling and RAM for a lot less than a comparable package deal would have cost due to the fact that I didn't need expensive graphics or storage solutions
B) If you shop around, you can get your components at loss-leader pricing, which will result in significant savings, even to the point of making it financially viable

When you buy an OEM computer you usually get a 1yr warranty, maybe even as little as 90 days on a refurb. Any additional warranty is extra. Most of the components carry decent warranties like 3yrs on mainboards, 5yrs on hard drives and lifetime on memory. Also, overclocking and tweaking options are limited on OEM's.

I'm running an iCore 5 3.4GHz @ 4.6GHz stable, with DDR3-2400 memory. I doubt mainstream OEM's would even bother with that option.

Althought its not in the US, i would suggest canada computers. They have cheap parts; my friend just built a comp

Back
Top Bottom