Medical info sticker for your helmet....might save your life. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Medical info sticker for your helmet....might save your life.

hands up who knows their blood type???

AB+
Most useless blood type ever. I can take blood from just about anyone but can't give it to pretty much anyone else with a different type.

As for the helmet sticker packet, been using them for a couple years already at the track. Should probably fill one in for my street helmet.

No doc would rely upon what is written down on a sticker or anything like that as your correct blood type. They'll either test you first, and give you your type once confirmed, or give you O-.

Neat idea and useful info for allergies and known medical conditions, but not for blood type.

No doc would rely upon what is written down on a sticker or anything like that as your correct blood type. They'll either test you first, and give you your type once confirmed, or give you O-.

Neat idea and useful info for allergies and known medical conditions, but not for blood type.

Options are to wear a Medic Alert. Blood type can be put on the Bracelet, Watch etc.

https://www.medicalert.ca/how-it-works

Options are to wear a Medic Alert. Blood type can be put on the Bracelet, Watch etc.

https://www.medicalert.ca/how-it-works

The cheapest bracelet is $50. The membership is $60 per year. I clicked on the link fully intending to sign up but that is too expensive. I trust they can use my health card to look up my electronic records. Because e-health functions so well in Ontario.

The cheapest bracelet is $50. The membership is $60 per year. I clicked on the link fully intending to sign up but that is too expensive. I trust they can use my health card to look up my electronic records. Because e-health functions so well in Ontario.

Yes, I understand not cheap.
However, if you(not per say) have a medical condition and are unconscious. Could make a difference.
Honestly, not too sure how good the electronic records are.
Paramedics, first responders, etc. Will ask if you have a medic alert. Depending on your answer, they will also ask should you have one?
How can one ask an unconscious person to respond accordingly.
Worth considering.

Better yet would be to have a set of dogtags made up with the same info. So whether riding or not you're covered. 1st responders check for wrist or necklace MedicAlert no?

Better yet would be to have a set of dogtags made up with the same info. So whether riding or not you're covered. 1st responders check for wrist or necklace MedicAlert no?

yes, and a tattoo won't do, the feel for the bracelet. I have a drug allergy but I'm not too worried as you have to be aware for them to give you drugs.

Yes, I understand not cheap.
However, if you(not per say) have a medical condition and are unconscious. Could make a difference.
Honestly, not too sure how good the electronic records are.
Paramedics, first responders, etc. Will ask if you have a medic alert. Depending on your answer, they will also ask should you have one?
How can one ask an unconscious person to respond accordingly.
Worth considering.

eHealth is embarrassingly limited. Agreed, If I had a condition I would get the bracelet.

Go join the army, they put that info on your dog tags. I know that may seem excessive -- joining an army just to figure out your blood type -- just throwing it out there.

Or. Go donate a kidney. They'll tell you blood type and more. You even get a cool scan image of your body!
how could you say no to that?

You get all the tea and jello you want in recovery.

Thank you. Who wants 2 kidneys for a Rolls Royce and another Ducati?
I know I only jest but also take donating very seriously.
My Sister has always had kidney problems. I will donate my kidney to my Sister willingly.

Thank you. Who wants 2 kidneys for a Rolls Royce and another Ducati?
I know I only jest but also take donating very seriously.
My Sister has always had kidney problems. I will donate my kidney to my Sister willingly.

Same here, but it was my brother and I did.

Same here, but it was my brother and I did.

Kudos to you. Family, nothing better. Loyalty and love. You are probably quiet about admitting it. You are a Hero. Truly to all that know you.
If I ever met you I would buy you all the tea and jello you ever needed. Plus all the cookies you ever wanted with your tea.

Your far better off with a set of dog tags or medical alert bracelet/neck chain. Not all paramedics/first responders know to look for a sticker or whatever it is on your helmet. Paramedics, doctors, nurses, first aid trained citizens are all trained to look for a medic alert bracelet/necklace. Especially important if you have medical conditions like diabetes, heart problems etc.

Back
Top Bottom