Medical info sticker for your helmet....might save your life. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Medical info sticker for your helmet....might save your life.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Cool Canadian idea going viral.

medical-data-carrier-ski-helmet-sticker.jpg

hands up who knows their blood type???

Long way from home - you're woozy from a come off....sticker could be a life saver...in particular for anyone with a medical condition - my son is a diabetic for instance. Even without a specific medical condition some basic info AND your healthcare insurance info when travelling in the US will give any medical assist team a leg up.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...-company-making-international-waves-1.2841295

I like it.

Cool Canadian idea going viral.

medical-data-carrier-ski-helmet-sticker.jpg

hands up who knows their blood type???

Long way from home - you're woozy from a come off....sticker could be a life saver...in particular for anyone with a medical condition - my son is a diabetic for instance. Even without a specific medical condition some basic info AND your healthcare insurance info when travelling in the US will give any medical assist team a leg up.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...-company-making-international-waves-1.2841295

I like it.

Don't borrow my helmet. You won't like it.

I've had one for a few years, but have never gotten around to putting it on my lid. Medical info is written down, then slipped inside the vinyl pocket. Available at GP bikes, amoung others places I'm sure, about five bucks. I think CSBK riders use them.

http://www.medicaldatacarrier.com/

And yes, I know my blood type.

I've been trying to figure out my blood type for the last few years. Everytime the Dr draws blood from me I asks but he seems so damn busy

I've been trying to figure out my blood type for the last few years. Everytime the Dr draws blood from me I asks but he seems so damn busy

Go join the army, they put that info on your dog tags. I know that may seem excessive -- joining an army just to figure out your blood type -- just throwing it out there.

Donate at the Canadian Blood Services. They'll gladly tell you and you get free juice and cookies.
Thanks LC
Go join the army, they put that info on your dog tags. I know that may seem excessive -- joining an army just to figure out your blood type -- just throwing it out there.
I don't like dying for a politicians cause. Sounds fun though
But do they give you free juice and cookies, though?
This made me lol

The thing about Canadian Blood Services, never give your real telephone number.

At least in the town I grew up in, I gave blood in high school (mainly to get out of class, get free donuts and juice, and to get drunk so easily afterwards -- it's amazing what funneling a couple beers can do after you lost a pint of blood -- yeah, I grew up in a redneck town) and gave my real phone number. For years afterwards I was getting the "There is a blood doner clinic at XXXX, can we count on your support once again?" calls.

At least in the town I grew up in, I gave blood in high school (mainly to get out of class, get free donuts and juice, and to get drunk so easily afterwards -- it's amazing what funneling a couple beers can do after you lost a pint of blood -- yeah, I grew up in a redneck town) and gave my real phone number. For years afterwards I was getting the "There is a blood doner clinic at XXXX, can we count on your support once again?" calls.
+ 1

I don't really understand this - before CBS thought I wasn't such a cool guy anymore, I donated like forty times and they never called me once. Well, maybe once.

These have been around for a while. Surprised more people haven't heard of them. They are required for some trackdays and racing organizations. Pro6 gives them out for free if you don't already have one.

Write your info in pencil as it wont come off if the paper gets wet.

Last edited:
A cheap flash drive hung around your neck could give the necessary basics of blood type, allergies, I.C.E. numbers, insurance policy, etc.

A bit cynical but in the USA your insurance policy may be more important than your blood type. In a crash on public roads I don't think the ambulance carries a selection of blood types so having a good insurance policy may get you to a better hospital.

Who's at fault if the info is used, but it's for someone else?

Would EMS not check first anyways to cover themselves?

One of the first of many questions I ask is, "Do you have a medical Alert?" If not,"Should you have one?" Do you have any medical conditions I should be aware of? Then depending upon their reply, I assume the worst unless it can be proved otherwise.

Occasionally they have replied with, "Yes I do" Depending on what your qualifications are, it would not make any difference as to the treatment.

Working with the Samaritan's Law or as a moral obligation.

EMT`s and Paramedics work on their qualifications. Level 1, 2, 3, Critical care all have different knowledge and if they do something outside their qualifications are liable if they make a judgement call that goes wrong.

With regards to removing a helmet it is the difference between life and death if removed by an unskilled person.
It is called "C" Spine control. Stabilising the neck in the best position without moving the head.

If you want to know your blood type call your Doctor's office and have the clerk/secretary check your medical file; the information is easy for them to find.

Not sure if Klim does this with all their jackets, but with with the Badlands Pro jacket i have, they have a special pocket on the left sleeve with the international medical alert symbol. You go on Klims website, fill out the details and they send you a weather proof card with your medical information and all that on it for free. Definitely a good thing to have when travelling or anywhere really, helps out the first responders big time I am sure.

If you want to know your blood type call your Doctor's office and have the clerk/secretary check your medical file; the information is easy for them to find.

What if your doctor retired 10 years ago?

I have no idea what my blood type is, lol.

I only go to the doctor (walk in) once a year when all my minor medical issues that haven't gone away get too bothersome. Usually the answer is just that I didn't wait long enough and anything I asked about is either normal, will go away with more time, or isn't worth treating. Also, they get really annoyed when you ask them about like 10 things on one visit, haha.

Then go donate blood.

I know im a global donor, and theres a lot of people with my blood type :)

Other than that, no other medical conditions that could affect me in an accident...

Back
Top Bottom