Looking to buy a crash cage. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking to buy a crash cage.

MyronGanes

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a cage or even rails for my 2006 YZF-R6. What's a good site I can buy from that will actually fit? I've had bad luck ordering from sites before and it didn't end up fitting and the customer service was poor. So I'm looking for anyone with good experience buying these things.

Also, no cut rails or cages would be great.

Thanks

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a cage or even rails for my 2006 YZF-R6. What's a good site I can buy from that will actually fit? I've had bad luck ordering from sites before and it didn't end up fitting and the customer service was poor. So I'm looking for anyone with good experience buying these things.

Also, no cut rails or cages would be great.

Thanks

What brand did you have a bad experience with?

I currently use Impaktech and they seem to fit fine on all the bikes Ive had experience with.

For your bike I dont think you will ever find a no cut cage, considering your front left engine mounts are behind the fairing, your going to have to cut a hole for that side at the least....

What brand did you have a bad experience with?

I currently use Impaktech and they seem to fit fine on all the bikes Ive had experience with.

For your bike I dont think you will ever find a no cut cage, considering your front left engine mounts are behind the fairing, your going to have to cut a hole for that side at the least....

I ordered from Xtreembikeworks.com. During my purchase there was apparently a change of website ownership and it took them literally an entire year to get me the crash cage after I had paid for it. Then when I got it it didn't even fit. The crash cage is supposed to fit flush into the holes in the frame as shown below. But they are too thick to fit even after hammering. Just an overall bad experience and they never compensated me.

I have more pictures of the fit but I can't find them at the moment.

Bike.jpg

I ordered from Xtreembikeworks.com. During my purchase there was apparently a change of website ownership and it took them literally an entire year to get me the crash cage after I had paid for it. Then when I got it it didn't even fit. The crash cage is supposed to fit flush into the holes in the frame as shown below. But they are too thick to fit even after hammering. Just an overall bad experience and they never compensated me.

I have more pictures of the fit but I can't find them at the moment.

View attachment 36129

Sorry you had to buy that, I believe that is not a good cage company. Its one of those companies that just pops up because they see money in it, and make a **** product. You want to go with a company that has a good reputation in the actual professional stunt community. Many pros use Impaktech, I believe even Jason Britton just switched over to using them....

If you had asked first, I would have never even thought of that company. I have some preference but even if I didn't suggest what I prefer I would not suggest them....I dont personally like Sic Innovations or 905 racing but even those would be a better choice IMO. They are companies that have been around since the start of stunt riding, not a bandwagon company

Sorry you had to buy that, I believe that is not a good cage company. Its one of those companies that just pops up because they see money in it, and make a **** product. You want to go with a company that has a good reputation in the actual professional stunt community. Many pros use Impaktech, I believe even Jason Britton just switched over to using them....

If you had asked first, I would have never even thought of that company. I have some preference but even if I didn't suggest what I prefer I would not suggest them....I dont personally like Sic Innovations or 905 racing but even those would be a better choice IMO. They are companies that have been around since the start of stunt riding, not a bandwagon company

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I'll do a little more research before making my next order. I have a lot of time before spring rolls around anyway.

And here's another picture just for the sake of completing this thread.

GOPR1588.jpg

Back
Top Bottom