Epoxy primer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Epoxy primer

daught

I am looking for a quart or less of epoxy primer. I need to to a small touchup on wheel arch rust. Paintcircut is my go-to store but they only have a gallon or more.

Any other suggestions to seal the arch are welcomed, otherwise any idea where I can get a bit of epoxy primer?

Por15?

Welding is another alternative.

A bit overkill for a sew rock chips.

Tried it on a car I scrapped. I peeled it off to see what was underneath it after 4 years. The por15 layer was very durable, but underneath there was some active rust. The paint peeled pretty easily. It's not bad but I can't see it working well for such a small repair. Plus I trust a true epoxy more than a single component paint.

Zinc primer from wurth is something I considered, but the only place I can get it is in Guelph.

Check out aircraftspruce.ca, they are in Brantford (airport), online they list some by the pint or quart options.Other than that, look up a local bodyshop supply.

A bit overkill for a sew rock chips.

Tried it on a car I scrapped. I peeled it off to see what was underneath it after 4 years. The por15 layer was very durable, but underneath there was some active rust. The paint peeled pretty easily. It's not bad but I can't see it working well for such a small repair. Plus I trust a true epoxy more than a single component paint.

Zinc primer from wurth is something I considered, but the only place I can get it is in Guelph.

Rust-oleum makes a zinc rich primer part V2185838. Typically used to touch up when a piece of galvanized steel has been welded. I'm not sure how it finishes out.

Back
Top Bottom