Ford Edge? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ford Edge?

That's the advantage of leasing...less worries of major issues costing out of pocket. Though owning, you don't have to worry about small dings and such on an older car if you can put up with it.

That's the advantage of leasing...less worries of major issues costing out of pocket. Though owning, you don't have to worry about small dings and such on an older car if you can put up with it.

You don't have to worry about going over a km limit or getting a ding in a parking lot if you own though and I meant that any serious problems outside of warranty are my criteria for ditching the car. In my experience once a serious problem shows up another isn't too far behind. With warranties these days it's usually 5y plus that we're talking about and if you choose carefully you'll have a lot longer than that. I had a Ford Explorer 4x4 as my first car here and it was a great vehicle until the transmission went and I got the shock of my life seeing the repair bill. Fixed it and sold it. After that I researched my other cars to see which ones had the least problems going down the road and the Escape was the first that had a good rep. That is well out of warranty now and the only real problem I have with it are rusty running boards which is really only cosmetic and I had an ABS sensor problem. Brakes seem to get chewed up fairly regularly too. My Nissan is pretty reliable too, now 2y out of warranty. I'll drive the Nissan until it falls apart, the Ford we might sell while it has some residual value but only to get something with a bit better gas mileage, not because it's a liability repairwise.

I've always owned my cars, except for one lease. That was a good thing too, as it died suddenly a month before the end of the lease. The dealership fixed it....twice. Needless to say it got turned in at the end...no buy out of that lemon.

Back
Top Bottom