War Movies | GTAMotorcycle.com

War Movies

I will check them both out. Next to Post Apocolyptic stuff, War is probably my next favourite genre of film.

I remember when that was out, that was ages ago, lol

I'll check it out but Band of Brothers is my fav so far.

Watched it when it came out. Didn't find it that great. You can tell it's a limited budget production.

Generation Kill was a faaaaaar better show.
Totally agree. Over there is pretty bad. Reminds me of a late night CTV drama. Generation kill had much more interesting and believable characters and situations.

Pacific and Band of Brothers are the best you can get IMO

Last edited:
Over There gives you insight into the mind of the Muslim hatred against the west (ISIS). As stated in one of the episodes, "they hate who we are, but want what we have." It's more psychological vs shoot em up. You gotta admit the scene where the guys torso is blown off by a 50 caliber and still keeps running is a pretty cool special effect. I don't think there is another movie / made for TV drama regarding this conflict..which makes it truly unique. And no more fitting a time to watch it than now if you haven't already.

Band of Brothers was great, just a little too slow and based on war of another era.

Last edited:
Kellys-Heroes.jpg

Great film Kelly's heroes ....also liked apocalypse now and full metal jacket.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, ALWAYS with the negative waves! :cool:

I can't believe nobody suggested The Pacific. It was a sister-series to TBoB. Grittier, but made to the same standards.

9th Company - If you like moveis about the Afghanistan War

More classics:
Das Boot <-- Probably one of the best ever and THE best submarine movie out there
Stalingrad <-- Well made movie about the theatre of war where 80-90% of Nazi casualties happened.. Mostly from the Nazi perspective like Das Boot

Enemy at the Gate is still my fave.

Didn't like it as much. Still a solid series.

BoB was more of a touchy-feely thing with lots of make your eyes gush emotional content. The Pacific was more about showing the ugly side of war, where the casualty rate was twice the rate of the walk in the European park. Stalin already did 90% of the work for us (in terms of dead/captured Nazis), so the casualties were laughable in comparison with the Pacific theater where the Yanks were facing a fresh and fanatical enemy dug into many well-fortified positions. That's why The Pacific is uglier to watch, but I don't find BoB to be any better.

Back
Top Bottom