Holy F***ing snow | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holy F***ing snow

I take uni of alaska as the expert here. I have yet to find another independent test that compares all seasons to winters on dry winter roads.

So you have blizzaks and your buddy has nexen? Do they have the same rotors pads? KM? How do you even propose we do this test?
Here's another test.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/dry-conditions/1206075

Note they compared to summer or performance A/S tires, and they still outperformed the winter tires on cold, dry pavement.

No my buddy has michelin all seasons, hardly in the same class as nexen. I on the other hand have ****** cheap general altimax arctic.

We go to a big *** parking lot, drive side by side, hit the brakes when we reach a set of cones and see which car stops faster.

Same oem rotors and oem pads.

Hell for $1000 i'll change out the rims on the cars just so you can't say the results are somehow rigged lol

It would be a cool test to do, but no way I am putting $1000 in an uncontrolled test. I would love if me, fastar1 and UofA were wrong since I have winter tires anyways.

I love it when people spew out myths like they're facts.

A winter tire grips better on dry cold pavement vs an all season tire. If you watched that last video you'd understand why.

But this is the internet where everyone is an expert so i have a suggestion.

I drive my wife's car equipped with brand new winter tires, you drive my buddies car equipped with brand new all seasons. Both cars are identical, make, model, **** even color lol

We do a test on ice, snow and dry cold pavement.

Winner takes $1000 cash, loser deletes their profile off here. Daught if you want in on this i'll take your 1k as well...
The question isn't snow or ice, it's cold, dry pavement. The stuff we drive on 95% of the winter. If the test conditions are as you say, I'll take your challenge.

It would be a cool test to do, but no way I am putting $1000 in an uncontrolled test. I would love if me, fastar1 and UofA were wrong since I have winter tires anyways.

rooster_doing_crazy_dance.gif

The question isn't snow or ice, it's cold, dry pavement. The stuff we drive on 95% of the winter. If the test conditions are as you say, I'll take your challenge.

Lemme know when you're free. I'll take the 1k in new 100$ bills

Looks cold and dry tomorrow. Otherwise we have to wait at least another week.

You guys have to record this with a gopro or something.

You do you plan on ensuring that you both hit the brakes at roughly the same time? Just hitting the brakes at a cone is a little bit uncontrolled.

What snow?

You don't get to choose your road surface, you get to choose your tires. They need to perform on both dry, wet, snowy and icy roads.

Snow tires are better on some surfaces and worse on others. It's not a clear victory for winter tires, they are always going to be a compromise. So on dry roads, you have compromised grip with snow tires. Does that make you a Darwin candidate if you crash due to lack of grip on the dry?
You don't understand my point & I'm not gonna argue with you. I've tried that before & it's like arguing with a brick wall.

Besides, if I wanted an argument I'd get married...

... let the feminists nail me
Thank you ?
I've been learning from one of the greats. / not sarcasm
Word to the wise... just because old members are doing it, doesn't mean new members can do it too. Old members have paid the price by bannings & infractions.

I always thought that people on a motorcycle forum would atleast know the importance of tires and how they work related to different temperatures...
Wrong assumption. You never heard of motorcyclists trying to run car tires?

Winter tires are going to squirm and perform marginally less than all seasons on regular bare pavement.

Is the difference in vehicle handling and performance noticeable to the average commuter?

Winter has rain, slush, ice, snow with different amounts of accumulation and often different conditions in the same trip.

Now how about the difference in vehicle handling and performance comparing winter tires vs all seasons?

If you keep your vehicle long enough to replace tires, why wouldn't you get winter tires?

You get essentially the same mileage running two sets of tires and have the benefit of tires that work better for the conditions they are designed for.

Some independent study from a University of Alaska from the late nineties isn't a great source to dismiss the benefits of winter tires.

A lot has changed in design over 15-20 years in winter tires.

Most folks that argue they don't need winter tires are those that don't have experience with them. They account their personal experience with all season and driving skills and point to marketing as a source of propaganda.

Not a problem.

If you don't notice sarcasm.........I really don't give a shiii.....lol

Go on now, it's ok. Those folks with running all seasons and driving like champs through the winter are just too awesome.

I'll just buy into the marketing buzz and waste my cash like the rest of those silly sheeple

Nothing more to see here.

Carry on.

You don't understand my point & I'm not gonna argue with you. I've tried that before & it's like arguing with a brick wall.
Your point is exactly the same as all the other snow tire advocates; they're better on snow and ice.

Now when you stop pouting about being misunderstood, maybe you can take a second to try and understand that snow and ice represents maybe 5% of the driving you do in the winter.

8b904f9e-ac56-4850-9d76-b59ce60a9f50.jpg

Word to the wise... just because old members are doing it, doesn't mean new members can do it too. Old members have paid the price by bannings & infractions.

Well my 15 minutes are up.
Trying to avoid the banning by staying pg.
Not here for debates, just enjoying the entertainment.
Good looking out, though.

I don't know, being as how the test was done on a go-cart.

They should use a real car for tests. The guy might be leaning back in one set of tests, and not the other.

Back
Top Bottom