Cheapest rate for Motorcycle tow | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheapest rate for Motorcycle tow

With CAA you have to insist that they bring the trucks with proper bike towing capability. I had to wait a few extra hours for mine in Kingston as they only have 2 available but when it came there were no problems. It wasn't a flat bed truck, it had adapters for the main T bar tow assembly that converted it to wheel chocks. Bike was rolled onto the chocks. Tied to anchor points on the T bar and then the bar + bike was raised up. There's probably several different types of trucks but this worked well. As others have said though, this isn't a delivery service.

With CAA you have to insist that they bring the trucks with proper bike towing capability. I had to wait a few extra hours for mine in Kingston as they only have 2 available but when it came there were no problems. It wasn't a flat bed truck, it had adapters for the main T bar tow assembly that converted it to wheel chocks. Bike was rolled onto the chocks. Tied to anchor points on the T bar and then the bar + bike was raised up. There's probably several different types of trucks but this worked well. As others have said though, this isn't a delivery service.

Excellent point. December 2013. Snow on the ground. I had one show up with an angled ramp and the driver insisted it was OK. Yea, bike slides and is then dropped. He wanted to put a chain on the bike and tow/pull it up. Whilst I walked up the ramp with the bike, I did not even have a firm footing.

Not a chance. Told him to send me one that you mentioned. Big difference. Safer loading.
Ramp lowers to the ground level and just roll the bike forward. As opposed to an angled ramp.

I had to use CAA for the first time ever on Nov. 11 2014 (Remembrance day).

They sent a flat bed truck. The service was great, very professional guy. I was happy with his service and the care he showed to do it properly.

Now if I only had to start troubleshooting that thing so it is ready before spring time...

Just ordered a hitch for my car from Hitch City. $182 + $65 to install the electrical plug. Last van rental cost my $200. Trailer rental is $30. I plan on doing a few moves and having a hitch on my car gives me a lot more freedom.

Back
Top Bottom