Motorcycle Research Paper Question - Why do you ride? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Research Paper Question - Why do you ride?

I started riding dirt bikes when I was a kid. Why? Because it seemed like fun and it was.

Fast forward a few decades and I still ride. Now I ride a street bike because it's still fun. If I ride to work or to do errands I look forward to both more than I would if I took the cage. Riding just makes me feel better and not stress about the time or the fact that I often take the "long road" to get to my destination (my trip to my former job was 11 kms by cage, 29 kms by bike :cool:). It helps clear my mind and helps me enjoy life a bit more. If I ride for pleasure alone, it allows me to visit places and enjoy the trip to get there. It also allows me to hang out with new people and experience new things. Ultimately, it allows me to enjoy life and forget about the first world problems we all stress about.

If I ride to work or to do errands I look forward to both more than I would if I took the cage. Riding just makes me feel better and not stress about the time or the fact that I often take the "long road" to get to my destination (my trip to my former job was 11 kms by cage, 29 kms by bike :cool:).

*high five*

Work is 1.5km by foot, 20km by bike. :cool:

This is EXACTLY my personal philosophy, and the reason why I own a refrigerator.

Yes but you still don't know for sure that the frig light goes off and that you have darkness when the door closes.

They've done experiments in the forest. Results were inconclusive.

^^^^not true. They did conclude that the lights do go off when you close the forest. User the tree. to tools.

L0L your too much tool.

edit::lmao:

Last edited:
another reason I ride.... because I can ! ... not every one can say that now can they ?

another reason I ride.... because I can ! ... not every one can say that now can they ?

To add/ play off of this ^^^: Because I almost couldn't.

Because I was bored and read part of "The Complete Idiot's Guide To Motorcycles" in my dentist's waiting room. It had spent most of it's existence as a coaster, judging by the stains. Jay Leno wrote the introduction.

At the time, work sucked and didn't pay well. Everyone I knew hated motorcyclists. Pumping out babies and researching school districts was IN. Ugh, Toronto can be so bougie. A weekend course at Humber was a novel diversion. Everyone was friendly and excited, even the white supremacist. Last course in October, beautiful weather. Hope I never forget letting out the clutch for the first time on a TTR 125.

The silly cliques, straight protestant highways, insurance racketeering, poorly designed gear and overpriced bikes (all with terrible suspension) has certainly dulled the lustre a bit over the years. But not as much as everything else in life, so I'm going to stick with it.

I won't end by saying I LOVE YOU GUYS, since I've only ever met MacDoc and Shane Kingsley. I tried my best to make a good impression. That's it, Mr Researcher.

I won't end by saying I LOVE YOU GUYS, since I've only ever met MacDoc and Shane Kingsley. I tried my best to make a good impression. That's it, Mr Researcher.

Haven't met a lot of guys on here but most of them are friendly enough. My buddies in real life that ride with me have absolutely nothing in common with me except that we ride motorcycles. Some of them were probably the type to kick my *** back in elementary school lol

Don't know what it is about this sport that bonds people together but it feels great..........no homo.

It's a lot easier to make friends with other riders than convincing friends to take up riding. Probably. I've never tried to push a friend into riding. No homo too.

Way easier to meet other riders than get your buddies into it. I've found you may meet the odd douche but the majority are pretty cool no matter the bike type you ride too. Example being I met a pretty cool bunch on Harleysville this year who are well old enough to be my dad. Very nice crowd. You don't see that a lot in other forms of hobby

My original reason was cost of insurance on the car was to high. 1987 at 19 years old my $300 73 super beetle was going to be $1700. I found a 74 CJ360T Honda and they only wanted $275 for the bike and $350 for a years insurance and I didn't even have my temp let alone full M.

I love the feel and freedom from day one. Never will I stop.

Yes but you still don't know for sure that the frig light goes off and that you have darkness when the door closes.

You idiots! You're supposed to lock yourself in the fridge. It's the only way to know for sure.

Do it for SCIENCE!

You idiots! You're supposed to lock yourself in the fridge. It's the only way to know for sure.

Do it for SCIENCE!

How else do you test the light?

it was easier (quicker) for me to get a motorcycle license than a car license...

Once I got the license the cool/fun, exposed to the elements awesomeness took ahold and I've never looked back!

I was born to ride.

I remember as a 5 year old in the back of the parents station wagon, a bike would pass us and I would go ballistic. Drove them nuts.
We moved into a house when I was 10 that left a mini bike (without an engine) that I would roll down the street pretending I was revving up, just to push it back up the hill to do it again. Got my first dirt bike a couple of months later. Got my license and my first street bike at 16. 45 now and about to buy my 21st bike.

Could not imagine giving it up by choice.

Back
Top Bottom